1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester energy trap opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Boxer's1, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer's1

Boxer's1 TS Member

I am wanting to get everybody's opinion on the Winchester energy trap guns.. I am looking to get one for my daughter.. can anyone tell me how they are for recoil? I don't want to get her something that has major recoil. and they seem to be at a very reasonable price..

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Winchester Select Energy Over and Under trap gun? Those are well made guns and a good value for the price.

3. Boxer's1

Boxer's1 TS Member

Yes I am I have seen a few of them but never shot one and for the price I think it would be perfect for my daughter just starting out..

4. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

I just bought one of the sporting versions. Recoil is minimal, handles well. Shoots real good. Don't know how big your daughter is, but I am not 6'4" with oranatang arms so the stock will be getting shortened some. Out of the box it is tight but not super stiff to open. Only about 300 rounds through it so far so I can't say to longevity.

Andrew

5. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Just got rid of mine, great shooting gun and can not beat price recoil is not bad for a lite gun. Make sure to keep forearm screws tight, they are well known for splitting forearms. Shot thousand's of rounds through it and had only one problem. Sold it to merlyn of Merlyn's trap gun's . He might still have it , not a scratch on the wood and blueing was perfect plus a few extra's. believe merlyn is often on this site. Hope this help's.

George..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.