1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER ENERGY SELECT (TRAP)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootinbubba, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

I thought i would ask everyones opinion of the winchester energy select trap

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I shot one and it felt alot like a XT with out the weight. I had the sporting model good gun. I sold it and wish I didn't. Good scores and the gun was cheap.

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Well made shotgun, good buy for the money. I had one but I sold it, shot both bbls 70% high........some guys like a high shooting gun, I don't.

John C. Saubak

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The Winchester is a great buy for an entry level trap gun or your only gun. Underrated by the trapshooting community.

5. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

very good gun.....great price.....alot of gun for the money....made in belgium mine is anyhow....shoots better than i can. i have to have the stock shortened.

the only bad thing is the wood and that awful checkering pattern

6. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

Guns Unlimited has them in Omaha Nebraska, as the Winchester Piegon Grade $1295.00 Monte Carlo and $1395.00 Monte Carol with adjustable comb. Much nicer wood than the select energy and comes with briley spectrum series chokes also.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I thought the checkering on the Select Energy was cool.

8. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

Same gun nicer wood and bluing

9. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Bubba you have a PM
    Carey

10. showmeapair

showmeapair TS Member

I don’t know where to start regarding how great the Select Energy Trap O/U is. I bought mine the initial year it was introduced and shot tens of thousands of rounds through it over the last few years. Originally the barrels were matte finished and since they have switched to a glossy finish. The oval checkering is unique and works well. The gun moves faster than an XT, isn’t as heavy, and has a lower profile receiver. It comes with factory ported top and bottom barrels and was back bored to 0.742” in both barrels. I shot many flats of Kemen EX32 (1 1/8oz 1350fps) for handicap and the gun did not hurt me. The adjustable comb is the way to go if you don’t have a neck because it has more drop at the comb versus the fixed monte carlo stock. The triggers aren’t bad for a gun in this price range. The Select Energy has inertial switching hammers that never failed to work. My only issue with this gun was the forearm metal screws would back out frequently that eventually led to the forearm bedding to break down and a crack developed. However, Winchester replaced the forearm and shipped the gun back to me under warranty. Hats off to Winchester/Browning/FN for standing behind this great trap shotgun. By the way I won many trophies along the way with my Select Energy.

-=-Ferdi

11. Schmidt Racing

Schmidt Racing TS Member

I just bought a slightly used select energy trap last weekend and shot it tonight for the first time. I love the way the gun feels, especially the way the "grip" fits my hand. I need an adjustable butt plate, but I like the gun so far. Although 75 shells doesn't probably say much. Dick

12. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

NICE gun for the money , cool checkering and the gun don't fit bad for a stock factory piece of wood , I have the sporting clay model and shoot some decent scores with it , the only thing I wish for a sporting model is that I had a 28" or a 30" I have a 32" for sporting The shorter would be better. Pat.k.

13. kolarshooter1981

kolarshooter1981 TS Member

I want to give some input on this as well. I had a Winchester Energy Select with the adj stock, and i can say for the money it was a nice gun. I normally used it for singles, but the times i did shoot doubles it wasnt pretty. But that was only my fault. I had one problem, it beat the ever living crap outta me, but the gun never let me down, and it gave me some darn good scores. Id love to get another one, but cant find many online.

14. coho

coho Member

I’ve had mine for about 5 years now and I really like it. I had a Clyde slide installed about 4 years ago. I have had problems with the bottom barrel not firing. Another guy at my club has one and he has the same problem. I’ve had it in to several gunsmiths but the problems persists. It seems to be linked to the primer/ hull combination so I stopped shooting Grey AA and Fiochi primers and the problems seems to have gone away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
winchester energ clay trap gun
winchester energy select trap

winchester select energy trap

winchester select energy trap for sale
winchester select energy trap review
winchester select energy trap reviews
winchester select energy trap shotgun
winchester select trap gun for sale or trade