1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester energy select trap stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I have a winchester energy trap model. Its a great trap gun, but I don't shot as much trap as i do skeet. I have tried to shoot some skeet with the gun but not with much luck.

The question I have is? If I were to have a stock made such a sporter stock or a copy of a xs skeet stock. could I use this gun to shoot skeet. I seen a add for stocks to be made by a company called mtlongguns. they did not say what there prices are like.

can a trap gun be used to shoot skeet with the right stock. or is a trap gun simply just for trap.

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

dolphin62:

Hit the patterning board. I did, before my one and only round of skeet, to see if the comb would go low enough. It did. Actually, the comb is raised somewhat to get a 50/50 pattern. The board will tell you. Otherwise you are just guessing with the POI.

I bought two trap models w/32" and adjustable comb, and a sporting version, 30" w/adjustable comb, because the price was right for occasional skeet, sporting and field use. They were to short for me, so a slip on recoil pad made them fit satisfactorily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester select energy stock

winchester select energy trap recoil pad