1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester does not honor their rebates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by H82MIS, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Speaking of rebates,,I bought 2 S&W Sigma pistols and the 2 $50.00 rebates were in my hands in 5 weeks,,,great,,,,

2. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

That is pretty BOGUS of Winchester and I am going to remember that.......Uncle Sam, Pa.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I never buy anything that has a rebate in which you have send something in to get. If the manufacturer really wanted to give you the discount, they would do it up front.

ss

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Winchester Olin is based in Illinois... contact Lisa Madigan in the AGs office and file a complaint... if you have the documentation and a dated receipt for your rebate submission, that should get your cash moving...

regards,

Jay

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Something screwy here. Are you sure you're contacting the correct people at Winchester. I've never known W to screw someone out of a legitimate program. You need to talk to a person, not an answering machine.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you really want to do something, file in small claims court.

It's about time these rebate scams started facing the legal consequences.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Quit calling and write a letter to customer service dept. Forget the small claims crap unless you want to waste more time and money. I've always had good results when I write to their custmoer service dept and explain the problem.

8. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I did that rebate program last summer too. I did not get a check, like Remington. I got a $100 visa card. It took about 8 weeks as I recall. If you have copies of your submission, writing is the way to go.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

topdrake, I have no idea why Winchester did not honor your rebate. Winchester did send me a $100 rebate. The rebate program was subcontracted to a company that specializes in rebates. That is the company you should contact, not Winchester. None of the information required for the rebate should have been sent to Winchester.

Pat Ireland

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

As Pat wrote, Winchester does not process the rebates but they can give you the number of the company that is responsible for doing so if you call them. That company keeps the original submitted paper work in archive and can explain the disposition of any request. Winchester did send cash cards, not checks like Remington. They worked the same way. I cleared up a rebate card problem with the distribution company, by phone, in the presence of the vendor that was trying to use my rebate card. They will help if you contact them.

MK

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

I received both my Winchester and Remington rebates. I would surely take advantage of any future rebates on ammunition. Let's hope they offer the program again.

Don Verna

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- There is a form or Winchester rebate now. Buy a box of new shells and trade the empty hulls for seventy five cents. I bought several flats of new AA shells from the PVA at the Southern Grand for $68 including tax. I sold the empties from one flat for $15 reducing my cost to $53 a flat. I recently bought several flats of Estates for $55. The AA shells were a better deal than the discount shells and the AA shells are a prettier color of red than the Estate shells.

Pat Ireland

13. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

topdrake,

I found the rebate link on their website, but my guess is that the debit company that Winchester hired has an internal problem.

Here is an example:

Ammount: $100.00
    Retailer: <store name>
    UPC: 020892004412 020892004412 020892004412 020892004412 020892004412 020892004412 020892004412 020892004412 020892004412 020892004412

Your rebate has been received and processed. You will receive the rebate by US Mail shortly. Thank you.

My father in-law has been waiting months, but no sign of the rebate. He does live in IL so maybe the governor got it - lol

A friend out at the gun club received a thanks but no thanks letter even though the website said it would be in the mail.

It's hit or miss at this point...who knows!
    TNCoach

14. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

My brother and I both sent in Winchester rebate coupons and we both received our rebates. It took about 8-9 weeks.

bluedsteel

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with Remingtons!

Until I found the receipts un-mailed under a pile of papers.. *sigh*

16. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Topdrake, I had the same thing happen to me with Winchester shells. I bought the shells at Walmart while at the Grand American. Winchester (booth at the Grand) gave me a "gas card" on the spot when I gave them the reciept for the shells. NO ONE would accept the gas card. I traveled from Cheyenne, WY, to Cleveland, OH. over the next couple months, as said, NO ONE!!!

I'm still pi*sed about this.

Matt Nicol

17. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Matt brings up an important subject - debit or gift cards. A friend of mine recently bought a home and there was a mix-up regarding whether the appliances stayed or not. In the end, the realtor gave him a $100 gift card from a bank for his trouble. My friend in turn gave it to me in repayment for something I had done for him.

My wife and I could not find a restaurant, gasoline pump or other merchant that would take the damned thing. We finally happened to drive by a branch of the bank that issued it during business hours and cashed it in there. Apparently there are a lot of those cards out there that do not pay the merchant, so no one wants to take any of them.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.