1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Club Compition late 1960s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike-israel, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

I'VE GOT A MEMORY FOR YOU ALL-

Winchester around this time frame---I shot the program in 1968. Had a compition as follows. Any club could qualify to shoot .....needed people in five classes. Shooters qualified/classed by shooting 100 trap targets and 100 skeet targets to be classed throughout the summer months.

One weekend in September everone at the club shot in their class, 100skeet and 100skeet combined score highest winning class and a second placed. First place class winner won a matched serial numbered shotgun set ,a modle 1200 pump and a 1400 automatic. Second place winner won a case of winchester shells. I won the forth class at the Moncton Gun Club --New Brunswick CANADA>

Following weekend the five class winners shot a postal shoot amongst the clubs in their zone to find a zone winner--not too sure if I remember this right.. but think this is correct.All zone winners were flown to Bahams? Bermuda? for a shootoff for Winchester North American Championship .

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF WRONG IN ANY PARTICULAR.

I was with the Kreske chain in their mangement program in Bathurst New Brunswick. Sundays I would take the CN train at 10am to Moncton getting in at 1:30 pm -picked up by a member and shoot at theclub. Get back to Moncton ard 6pm have dinner get the train at 10pm getting back to Bathurst at 1am--NUTS AH?

WHAT DO U THINK OF THAT AS A NUTTY SHOOTER__CAN ANYONE MATCH THAT STORY>>>>

MIKE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.