1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester brass shell

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have A wINCHESTER BRASS SHELL CASING tHAT I BOUGHT years ago at a giant sale. It is a 12 ga. that has points around the rim and looks perhaps once once fired if at all. Anyone know anything about this shell?

2. map@neo

map@neo Member

I have several of them (Win. and Rem). I was informed that these shells were used by the guards at State and Federal prisons. Apparently at each shift the
    guards would use their own issued riot gun. The ammo was loaded and unloaded
    so many times that "paper" hulls would deteriorate quickly. Full brass hulls were contracted to prevent ware and malfunctions. Again, I was told that all were loaded with "Buckshot". Only second hand information here, but sounds
    logical.
    Oh yes, my Winchester has the points in the crimp. My Remingtons do not.

3. BL

BL Member

My uncle furnished me with some Winchester brass shells, all buckshot. They were to be used in the Winchester model 97 that he was also providing. Later he was kind enough to give us some of the new Remington plastic ammo. Oh yes, almost forgot, it was in 1967 in a place called Nam. Good old uncle gave us all the small arms ammo we could shoot up and them some.

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

There is a lot of info on shotshells at the Nebraska web site. Lots and lots of brass hulls were made and for lots and lots of reasons. Good plastic finally changed the picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester brass shell crimp