1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester AA WAD Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick Young WY, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Young WY

Rick Young WY TS Member

I have a WAD question. I have a box of Winchester AA Super-Lite Double A WADS. They are pink. They say they were designed specifically for use with Super-Lite Powder(WSL). They are designed just like a White AA WAD.

Can I use them with my Clays Powder in place of the white AA WAD?

Thanks for you help.

Rick

2. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

The AA pink wad is for a 1 oz. load, the AA white wad is for a 1 1/8 oz. load. The reloading manuals are full of loads using various powder, wad, primer,hull and shot weight combinations. You can get much of this info free from the various manufactures on the internet. Always use a published load from a trusted source.

Jeff

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

They're different than AA "white" wads. The pink ones you'll notice have a shorter shotcup and a longer collapsable section, they're made for 1 oz loads.

4. Rick Young WY

Rick Young WY TS Member

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the information.

Rick

5. drmikedvm313

drmikedvm313 TS Member

Actually the pink ones can be used with both 7/8 and 1 oz loads...they're optimized for 1 oz I believe...this is what I've been told repeatedly about the cb replacement wads but they supposedly interchangeble....I agree with the published data thing tho...don't get yourself or someone else hurt

6. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

The Win AA 1 oz pink wad reloads great in Win AAs with Clays powder with 7/8 oz of shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
aa superlite wad box
clays powder aa wad
recomminded load for winchester super lite wads

winchester aa pink wads

winchester double a wads