1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester AA 'TRAACKER' AMMO

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DustyOne60, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

Winchester AA

I have read some good things about Winchester AA TrAAcker Ammo. Can't seem to locate any retail sales in Minneapolis. Any thoughts where to purchase this stuff?

Cheers, Dusty

2. Brian50BMG

Brian50BMG TS Member

i just notices an add for these in my new guns & ammo magazine today. i have never seen this ammo before, and am interested in trying it as well.

3. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

4. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

They were supposed to ship by now but now shipping times are listed in August. They must have some issue that is causing the delay.....

5. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

Thanks for the helpful information. I know some fellows that will benefit from that ammmo when it gets to the market.

Cheers, Dusty

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I can't see how a wad with a few trapped shot can keep up with a loosed shot string? The wad inherently must be traveling slower due to wind resistance on the entire wad and pedals? I feel it a sales gimmick just as the duplex load of mixed shot was years back!

Any of you guys recall a few years back the Duster wads guys claiming the wad itself would occasionally break a target all by itself? It did that by allowing shot to embed itself into the wads base, deep where it stayed embedded. I began looking for Dusters on the field to find out what was happening and found several with shot embedded in the base.

I'll spend my money on shells I know will break clay targets.

Hap

7. slick50

slick50 Member

I read the product description when they first released the info on these. if I remember right at the time they were going to be #7 shot and fairly light loads. Not sure how they will work for Handicap practice.... I would like to try a box if they are available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

traacker ammo