1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester AA supersport ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Are these shells legal for trap? AA supersport (Grey) 11/8 #8's----Phil

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Maximum allowable velocity for 1 1/8 oz. shell is 1290. The AA's are 1300.

3. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Thanks for the info, would you challenge a person who won an event using this ammo?---Phil

4. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

I was at a registered shoot yesterday & noticed these hulls on the ground, had never seen them before, they were once fired factory new picked up a few of them, tried researching them on the net---my question if you knew of a person using them at an even -is this grounds for disqualification---I,m a recoil sensitive type (bad back) shells like these would probably put me out of action for a week---Phil

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If someone was indeed shooting these shells in an event, everyone would have noticed. They make a much more pronounced report than a handicap shell does.

Besides, it's too late to do anything about it now. It had to be done while the shooter, in question, is still shooting.

Don't let it bother you. What comes around, goes around. Just focus on your shooting and everything else will take care of itself.

ec90t

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

I doubt the poor guy was trying to cheat. If he was, he has to live with it.

Like anyone can tell the difference between 1290 and 1300 fps.

Do not get your shorts in a knot. If he won, he would have whipped you with 1290 "legal" shells.

Don

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Phil, yes they are illegal and if I see someone using them at a registered shoot I will report it. If it's at my shoot I will DQ you on the spot.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.