1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester AA Lite Powder ???????'s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 700X-user, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Winchester AA Lite Powder ???????

I realize I might have to change my user name, But! I would appreciate any comments both pro & con concerning reloading 1 oz. loads with AA powder.

Thanks, Ed

2. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I really like the stuff! It makes a great 7/8 oz load for the first shot in doubles and I shoot my singles with it.The only problem I had was some squib loads. I load on an PW 800-B and this powder is very light and fluffy so the static electricity would cause 1 or 2 squib loads per 25 shots.All you need is some "bounce" static cling sheet from your dryer to solve the problem.My buddies spolar dropped it consitantly everytime.14.6 grs per load goes along way too!! Good Luck

3. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Ed, I use AA-Lite in 1 oz loads for doubles. Almost no recoil, but it has a very good pattern. You'll need a pretty tall wad since the powder has a very small volume. It's a pretty thrifty powder because the charges are small. It's designed for light recoil and modest speeds. It cannot be pushed to speeds available for 700X. However, I was surprised at how well it broke doubles birds at modest speeds. Bob

4. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Bob, I was intrigued when I say the relatively small amounts of AA powder used in some of the recipes in the loading manuals. This would seem to make this a less expensive powder to use.

Ed

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

I used some for light 1 oz loads. No problems.

Promo is less expensive if you are concerned about costs.

I use AA Lite for 7/8 oz "Cowboy" loads to duplicate the Featherlights that are $8 a box.

Don Verna

6. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Don,

Cost is not the problem. Like most trapshooters! I can't leave well enough alone. I am always trying to find the panacea.

Ed

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

AA lite cost more from our supplier IF he has it. the cost pans out in the end
    my cost difference was .004 cents. between AA and clays. I used AA to dublicate the Win AA low noise low recoil target load for my wife, factory or reloaded they made some funning noises when fired. As stated they work well at 16y. For S&G's I shot a few boxes through my 870 exspress with a 21' smooth slug barrel from the 16 I shot a 21 23.

8. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

I use AA lite in both 1 oz and 7/8 oz loads and have been very pleased. Load very light 7/8 loads for the grandkids. No squibs. D Winter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
replacement powder for aa lite
replacement powder for winchester aa lite
replacment powder for winchester aa lite
what is agood replacement powder for winchester lite powder
winchester aa lite for sale
winchester aa lite powder

winchester aa lite powder for sale

winchester aa powder