1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 6500 Trap -- Any comments?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by new loader, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new loader

new loader Member

Any comments about this gun? Pro or con? Has an East Alton, IL address on the barrel. Isn't that the Winchester ammo people, not the Winchester gun people?

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

It's a late production Winchester, made by Kodensha, I don't see them listing anything about chokes-----fixed or Winchoke-----I would want to know something there before considering it. The 6500 Traps I am aware of (includes 5500's) were Bunker guns and at most, 60/40 POI, but shot flat for most people.

30's were the longest barrels available, though more than a couple of Waterfowler 32" sets were fitted to them. They are pretty light, I shot a Sporter for many years as my number 1 gun, just typical wear and tear issues. Mine had mechanical triggers but I am of the opinion that they could have both from the factory.

These guns are basically, a Diamond Grade Sporter without nice wood. Winchester came out with all these neat guns right at the end of their history. Right along with the American Flyer/Diamond grade comp guns/Presentation Pigeons/ etc etc and rolled right into Classic Doubles. All of those late Wincheter guns I am aware of were .735" bores, most with 1.5" cones.

Personally, I think it is a little high priced for a used gun, and certainly wouldn't bring that without Winchokes in both barrels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how good is a winchester 6500 sporter

winchester 5500

winchester 6500 trap shotgun

winchester sporter 5500