1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 28ga

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brendaw, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brendaw

Brendaw TS Member

Can you use WAA28 wads & the old blue Pattern Control wads with Herco powder
    in the new Winchester HS hulls?

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Brendaw, you must use the new WAA28 HS wads for the newer type HS hulls. The old style wads for the old style hulls will not work in the newer type Win AA HS hulls. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

The pc wad will be ok but not the old winchester AA28. As for the herco it is to bulky for the smaller capacity of the HS hull. With alot of wad preasure and that pc wad you might get it to fit in newer hulls but hulls reloaded several times will push open. I like longshot and remington pt28's in the HS hulls fits nicely and smokes targets

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Skeet2day, Yes you can use Rem's pt28 wads, but he listed the old style Win. wads and one that was a older pattern control wad that I (assumed) was the take-off of Win. AA wad. He did not mention a Rem. Pt28 wad, so I did not mention it as well.
    Good catch on the PC wad. You both made me look. No loads at all with the Hodgdon powder that I use to reload with for the PC wad. BUT IMR lists that wad with all three of there powders SR-7625,SR-4756, and 800X as well. Alliant does list the PC wad as well, but only with the new 20/28 powder. The only listing they have for the Herco powder he wants to use is with the Win. AA HS. wad. I could not find a listing with PC wad and Herco powder. Does not mean that someone might not have some data in a older reloading guide. Good Luck Brendaw, and Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.