1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Winchester .22 WRF Ammo For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by dezcon, Dec 23, 2013.

1. dezcon

dezcon Member

0   0   0

I have a case (2500) rounds of Winchester .22 WRF Ammo for sale. The whole case is in the original cardboard shipping box "1986 Limited Edition" manufactured by Olin under the Winchester Label. It's an un-opened case. It contains 50 boxes of 50 rounds a piece packaged in 5 box cartons with 5 cartons in the case. (I think since it has never been opened). Pictures available if needed. Asking $1,000.00 for the case. David Z

2. Butler

Butler TS Member

0   0   0

3. postmastertim

postmastertim Member

0   0   0

22 WRF is not the same as 22LR.

Tim

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Still, that's $0.40 per round

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Two rounds that haven't been in short supply around here, 22 mag and 17 HMR.

Had to make a correction!!

Bi-mart has always had them on the shelf for some reason.

No rhyme or reason anymore.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

WRF is also NOT the same as 22 Mag (22 WMR)

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

the fourth and fifth posts will tell you what you need to know.

8. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

0   0   0

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-904-cci-22-winchester-rimfire-wrf-45-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-ammunition.aspx?

This stuff is made by CCI and bought mine here about a month ago.

9. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

0   0   0

Was running about $10.00 per box plus shipping but they did have case price with free shipping.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have to say I'm happy not to have a gun for that stuff.

yikes.

HM

11. dezcon

dezcon Member

0   0   0

To those of you that do NOT understand the significant difference between .22 WMR and .22 WRF, take some time to educate yourself. To those of you who post CCI ammo websites that indicate that the ammo is SOLD OUT, keep waiting for the re-supply. For those of you that may have a Winchester rifle that shoots .22 WRF and you do NOT have ammo for it, it is either a collector's item, a club or boat anchor. I have ammo manufactured by Olin with the Winchester label on it manufactured 27 years ago and it is available for sale. That will make your boat anchor a gun again. My asking price may seem to be high to some, but my ammo is available to whomever would like to make a serious offer for whatever reason. Keep in mind that during a negotiations, I am trying to get as much as I can for what I have for sale and you are trying to buy it for as little as you can get me to sell it for and as long as we do NOT lose respect for each other in the process, we both may be happy at the conclusion. Hopefully, an educated and reasonable person may respond. In the meantime, I have kept this ammo in pristine condition for the last 27 years and will continue to do so until a qualified buyer shows an interest. Merry Christmas to ALL.

12. Ruck

Ruck Active Member

0   0   0

The .22 WRF is also the same as the Remington .22 Special. The WRF (Special) has the same dia. case and bullet as the .22 Magnum. It will chamber in a .22 Mag., but IS NOT safe to fire in one. If you have a rifle chambered in .22 WRF or .22 Special, this is a great chance to get it back in use!!

Ken Rucker

13. smokintom

smokintom Member

0   0   0

Not safe to shoot in a Magnum rifle? I wish I had known that. Been shooting it for years in my 22 Mag rifle. Got some years ago at a gun show for $2 a box. Shoots good too. Still have a bunch left. I`ll have to check into that.

14. dezcon

dezcon Member

0   0   0

Last night at 9:30 PM EST a carton of 250 of .22 WRF Winchester Ammo, 1994 Special Edition (not 1986 S.E.), was bid at $108.00 x 5 = $540.00 for the carton on Gun Brokers.com with 3 more days to bid. ALL of the HOT SHOTS (with mouths bigger than their wallet), who know how much something is worth, might want to follow that auction and see what the final results are. Oh, but I am sure someone on Trapshooters.com will know how that is somehow a bogus auction and "stir the pot". I am just trying to help educate the UNEDUCATED. This country has laws about everything, but there is no law that makes stupidity illegal. Enjoy your mental condition. Merry Christmas!

15. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Link to Gun Broker provided - item # 383769840

-

My take on the offering is that it is for the full carton (250 rounds) at $107.98, not per box.

(Maybe stupidity, at least in math, should be illegal)

16. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

0   0   0

Dezcon,

You catch flies with honey. Maybe a softer approach "Presentation" would help your sale. I don't think insulting and calling posters names will. Just my opinion.

Good luck with your sale.

Philly D

17. claybrdr

claybrdr Active Member

0   0   0

Believe you need to re-read the Gunbroker ad.....Bid is for all 250 rounds.

18. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Well well, I've been educated about the difference. Makes about as much sense as the difference between a 22 long and a 22 long rifle.

Good luck on your sale.

19. dezcon

dezcon Member

0   0   0

Maybe I am missing something and thanks to Philly D, I need to start to use a softer approach. If 250 rounds are being bid at 107.98 for ALL 250 of them, what would you guys think 2500 rounds would bid for at that price? In my stupid math, I thought 250 x 10 = 2500. Now follow me closely here. I have 2,500 rounds for sale, so $107.98 per 250 x 10 would be very close to $1,079.80, RIGHT? I am "asking $1,000.00 for 2500 rounds". That seems to be a good deal if someone wanted or needed that many rounds.My asking price is $79.80 less than the current bid price for the same rounds but manufactured 8 years earlier. Are there any flies out there now? I like flies and bees and butterflies, like far out, man!
    I hope my math doesn't offend anyone who needs more fingers and toes. :)

20. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Obfuscation is an art, an artist you are not.

Your description leaves much to be desired, as does the veracity of the claims made. You make no link between the shells being offered on Gun Broker and your shells - clarity is wanting.

Here is a screen shot from Gun Broker
    [​IMG]

All one need do is look at the various auctions - while one does indeed have a price of $107.98 for 250 rounds, others are as low as $34.98 for same.

Truth in advertising meets caveat emptor

Search tags for this page
22 wrf
22 wrf ammunition for sale
22 wrf for sale

22 wrf ammo for sale

winchester 22 wrf ammo for sale

winchester wrf ammo for sale