1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 21 Grand American !!! Help please

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by valley1, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valley1

valley1 TS Member

0   0   0

I just purchased a Winchester Grand American two barrel set 21-6 style engraving in very good condition off Guns America.I am pretty sure this is a scam as gun is under $5000.00 but don't want to loose it if it is legit.Seller is Sportsmans Arms Inc. in Plumas Lake Ca..It shows they have sold 112 guns on Guns America with 100 % approval since 2005.They say gun is to be sent from FFL to FFL with 3 day inspection.Just sounds to good to be true.I can foward all the information they sent me if someone can help.Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Val

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Saw that on there and figured it was a scam or a typo. Have you called and talked to them? If they are actually in business and have done 112 transactions, they should have a phone. Any dealer that's done 112 transactions will know a 21 GA isn't a 5000 gun. Take your pick, scam or typo.
    25,000 would be more realistic as you probably know.

3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

0   0   0

If it sounds to good to be true...

A fool and his money...

4. valley1

valley1 TS Member

0   0   0

I agree with you completely but you never know.Hitapair would you pm me your email address so you can see what they sent me.Price they say is correct and everything they sent looks legit.They have other guns on Guns America for sale.
    Thank you
    Val

5. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

I would fly out and pick it up.

6. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Must be one of those Japanese reproductions.

7. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I just googled Sportsmans Arms, Inc.

There is a store in Petaluma, CA, but not in Plumas Lake.

Call the City Hall to see if such a business exists; or the chamber of commerce; or the state of california to see if these sellers have the required licenses and ffl.

All my red flags are at the top of the pole.

BTW, if you want a factory two barrel Winchester 21, with Briley sub gauge tubes, email me.

Best of luck, and good shooting.

Dave

8. valley1

valley1 TS Member

0   0   0

Thank you Dave

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Valley, You bought to quick! They have another one on GA for $3750!! Enuf said.

10. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

They are fairly active on Calguns.net and seem to have a good reputation.

Gabe is the owner. 707-766-7677

11. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

http://www.gunsamerica.com/929204768/Guns/Shotguns/Winchester-Shotguns-Modern/SxS/Model_21_Winchester_Grand_American_2_BBL_Set_12_Gauge.htm#

Has to be something fishy.

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Kinda like buying a model 12 28 ga for 750.00. There are more fakes that originals out there. :) Bill

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Cabela's has the same gun for $29,999. A little high, but close to going prices.
    The sixth picture on Cabela's web-site is identical to the one on Guns America. Something is not right.

Wayne

14. Fabbri

Fabbri Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This Along with Quailty Supply Inc and another Toro^^^55 they are all SCAMS

15. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Rich,

I'll take 20 of the SCO ORO guns. Check is in the mail. Western Union money order drawn on the First Natural (sic) Bank of Gabon. I'll need at least one of the guns in a left-handed (Sinistra) model. No need to ship them, I'll just come by the house and pick them up.

BTW - The trigger group fits perfectly. Thanks a bunch.

Regards, Mike Mann
    White Creek Gunstock Blanks

16. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

This ad is 100% flim flam, I just sent him a email asking if I can come and pick it up at his shop. If I get a response I will post it.

17. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

That is the best to do here. Pick it up. I ran into a K-80 combo for $2800 on Gunsamerica. I bought it,offered to send my my son with a signed FFL & actual cash to pick up the gun. He said he did not allow pick-ups & would only ship it on receipt of certified funds.
    On something like this ALWAYS offer to pick it up,even if you have to hire a person to do so. The money spent will more than be offset by the value you have received if the issue is real. Tom Lobonc

18. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

What a coincidence: both the Cabela gun and scammer gun have the same initials on the trigger guard.

19. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

0   0   0

Valley 1,
    I have collected 21's for over 30 years. I downloaded the photos and ran them thru PhotoShop. The gun is genuine. However, I doubt very much if the seller is. If he has been in business for longer than a week, he would have to be an idiot to offer this gun at this price. If you can recoup your funds, run from this "deal" as fast as you can!"

If you are truly interested in a Grand American, I can provide you with a list of reputable dealers and private individuals who have them for sale. But, forget onje for 5000 bucks. Not gonna' happen!

Good luck in getting the mess straightened out.

Mike

20. johnboy

johnboy Member

0   0   0

Greed will make a fool out of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 21 grand american

winchester model 21 grand american 12 gauge 2 barrel set plus briley sub-gauge tubes