1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 1400 trap ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I know a man that wants to sell a Winchester 1400 Trap. It is a nice looking gun but I was just wondering how dependable it would be?

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Get a spare trigger assembly.. and they go for about ever... We ran them on our trap range back in the early 70's.. Nice guns..

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

For the right price, it might be worth it if it's in good condition. There are several parts that tend to wear out or break. I believe a spare trigger and a spare ejector would be a good start. A set of springs is also a great thing to have handy, since they do get tired over time. I've had a 1400 Field gun for almost fourty years and it has been pretty reliable, when I remember to clean it regularly. The action may gum up in cold weather if you don't. Mine turned into a "single shot" one day. A good cleaning and oiling got it back to it's usual self.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hey Pete?

They're calling your tune here.

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

The man wants $300 for it, beautiful wood, and I know when he bought it about a year ago he took it to a gunsmith and had everything cleaned and any bad parts replaced. He shot it a little bit at the trap range but then bought a Beretta 391 and does'nt use the 1400 much anymore.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Buy it before he changes his mind.

ss

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

let me know if you dont buy it!!!

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

targetmaster, I also would like to be the owner of this gun should you elect not to purchase. My phone number is 785-822-7415. Email above. Depending on where gun is located I may know someone who can pick it up for me so your friend wouldn't have to mess with that.

9. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

I won enough money when I started shooting with a 1200 Winchester to upgrade to a Mod-12. My dove gun is a 1400,,,have downed many triples with it...very nice that points great. 28 modified....

Grizz

10. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Never seen one - can anyone post a picture, or link to view a 1400 "trap"?

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The only downfall of the 1400 is the slot in the barrel where the extractor goes.. We used it in the days of paper hulls..and IF you blew the shell where the paper met the brass.. the gas would blow that groove in.. leaving the barrel unusable.. Same thing on a model 1200.. Both were very natural pointers.. The gas system is like a Remington 58.. Simple to maintain..

12. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Get a spare bolt bridge (the cocking part) also. The stock ones have the finger pull thats actually 2pcs. The aftermarkets are one solid part.
    I lost the finger pull at the line one time, not good.
    Ive ran many 25 straights with mine, then I sold it.

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Won the NC State Jr Title in 1968 at the Tarheel Gun Club with a Winchester 1400.

Those Winchester papers were fun to load also!!

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
model 1400 winchester to trap gun
review winchester1400 for clay shooting

winchester 1400 forum

winchester 1400 trap

winchester 1400 trap for sale
winchester model 1400 mk2 trap
winchester model 1400 trap
winchester model 1400 trap grade