1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 140 12ga shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I just received a NOS winchester 140 12ga gun,28" barrel screw in chokes. Need info when made, What spare parts to have on hand, and where to get choke tubes and wrench , along with what gun stocks will interchange. Also lubing cleaning. I always wanted a Win shotgun, and a friend give me this one, mint never shot. It apears the lop is short so I put a limb saver slip on pad. Plannng to shoot trap tommorow, If i get it lubed.
    Thanks
    Railroad

2. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

3. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Update noticed it appears to be stiff cycling the action, cleaned did not help, I think the piston may be gauling in the magazine tube. It sticks where the piston aligns with the port holes in the magazine tube located.
    Any help??
    Railroad

4. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

We;ll cant get the bolt to come back far enough lock, I noticed this the day I got it, but figured it just need cleaning, going back through the manual and parts list to check everything again, it appears the piston is sticking at the front part of the slot in the forward part of the mag tube.Will contnue to look it over. Thanks for the help.
    Railroad

5. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

It was the spring works fine now. hope to shoot today.
    Thanks for the help
    Railroad

6. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Shot the 140 today and fine,18,and 20 on the rounds. second time I had shot any in two years. A little heavy, but a keeper. The limb saver slip on pad worked well.
    thanks all the help
    Railroad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
140 winchester shotgun

choke tubes for winchester 140

clean a winchester 1400 shotgun
cleaning winchester 140 shotgun

winchester 140 shotgun

winchester 140 shotgun for sale