1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 1300 Pump

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by det131, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. det131

det131 Member

0   0   0

One of my new youth shooters is using a Winchester 1300 20ga speed pump.

The stock is woefully short for him (13"). Looking to find an adult sized buttstock if one is available out there. His purchase of a new gun is probably not an option at this time due to family financial difficulties.

Last week he went from hitting one in ten targets to ten straight just by switching him over to a firearm with a 14 5/8 LOP. An inch and a half is an awful lot to try to add to his stock. Thought I would try this route first. Will also see if Winchester can suggest a possible source.

Respond by e-mail or PM

Thanks

Jim

Bucks County Fish & Game

1745 Turk Rd.

Doylestown, PA 18901

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Gotta love the great bunch of people on TS!!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Peter J---That is very kind of you. I just can't believe how great Trap shooters are in general. Every since i started shooting Trap i have realized this is a great sport. Its not just about the shooting or winning for me. I enjoy being around the people. The stories, especially from my elders, whether they are true, false or exaggerated, make my day. I have had so many people go out of there way for me. I've had guys volunteer to stay after a full day registerted shoot just to help me with my learning.

Anyway i wanted to personally Thank You for such a kind gesture for a youth shooter. A true gentleman are you. By the way, i don't know the kid which you are helping but i can picture his smile when he shoots with his new stock.

Matt

4. det131

det131 Member

0   0   0

Did not get back on the site until just a minute ago. Just fininshe setting up at the club. Little damp but no wind and the birds look perfect.

repeteclay: Peter I am overwhelmed by your generosity. Being a law enforcement officer I have delt with the dregs of society for more than thirty years. It is always a refreshing pleasure to see just how kind the shooting fraternity, particularly the TS.com'rs, are.

If not too late please ship the stock to my attention as there is not always someone at the club to accept delivery.

Det. James M. Boston #131

Warminster Township Police

401 Gibson Ave.

Warminster, PA 18974

Don't know where you are located but if you are ever in the area and have an opportunity to shoot with us your rounds are on me.

Thank you for brightening my day.

Jim

5. det131

det131 Member

0   0   0

Peter J.

The stock was waiting for me when I arrived at the station this afternoon. I will be fitting it on Saturday.

I shared this little story with the 4H'rs and their parents last night. All were impressed with your generosity and send a collective thank you and well done to you.

I am still overwhelemed by your actions.

You are truly one of the good guys.

Jim

6. rrose

rrose TS Member

0   0   0

Jim
    Did you know that Peter has been on the All American Team, not sure if he is currently but know he was a couple of years ago when I was shooting trap. He did it shooting a variation of the Wnichester 1400, I believe it was a Sears model it the time. I have enjoyed watching him shoot a very low dollar older gun and beating shooters with all of the more expensive brands. He is a class act and heck of a good guy and proves the point that it is the shooter and not the arrow. I have not shot in a few years so things may have changed by now with what he shoots but I doubt it.
    randy

7. det131

det131 Member

0   0   0

Randy:

I did not know that. Peter and I have had a number of electronic contacts via this site and e-mails. Your description of, "A class act and one heck of a good guy," is spot on.

Actually I hope to be able to meet up with him sometime in the future, if not this summer certainly next.

Jim

8. det131

det131 Member

0   0   0

thought you might like to see your stock on the young mans 1300

det131_2009_25033.jpg

Tonight, weather permitting, will be his first opportunity to try it out.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.