1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 12 and 1200

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I recently picked up a Winchester 1200 Trap - must have been made about 1970 - very pristine condition, fixed full choke, monte carlo stock. It absolutely smokes targets. Other than the metal of the receiver and the pressed versus cut checkering, what are the major differences between the model 12 and the model 1200.

2. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

Bout the same difference as night and day. Sophia Loren and lady GaGA. Just my opinion.

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I'm 64 and have never in my life found Sophia Loren even the slightest bit attractive. Lady GaGa? Hot little bod under all that makeup and weirdness but will leave that one to her generation. I KNOW there is a difference between the two guns. Other than cosmetics can someone elaborate instead of talking about celebrities?

4. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

If you are 64 and a trapshooter and have never handled a model 12 to know the difference between the two, you have my condolences. You must be a newcomer to the sport. If so welcome to our disfunctional family.

Bout like comparing a yugo and a 57 chevy.
    They both do what they are susposed to do, just no similarities.

Sorry about the levity at your expense.
    Guess it come from being older than dirt and expecting everyone to know and appreciate a model 12.

ed

5. leadingedge

leadingedge Active Member

The 12 is the crowned prince pumps and deservedly so, I have many of both and the main difference is the 1200 has a twin slide bar which is actually a better design than the 12 and it has a locking bolt and a shorter stroke when pumping. I actually compete with a tricked out 1200 and love it. Shoot the one you like best and have fun, that's the main goal. If you want to sell the 1200 let me know.

Darrell
    720-299-9507

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Model 12 is like a wand.

1200 like a 2x4

I have both in trap mode

Things can also be done with a Md 12 that can be stated here but once acquired can amaze the $$$$ out of folks unaware. But most likely of no interest to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.