1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 101

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GBR, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBR

GBR Member

I have a Winchester 101 20 guage. The trigger pull seems to have gotten very hard to pull. My question is does the Winchester 101 have an adjustable trigger or must I take it to a gunsmith to have it honed down to a crisper pull?

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

You might have something else going on if the trigger was fine before. I'd get it to a good gunsmith and let him go over it. It could be as simple as a cleaning or a little rust, but sometimes it could be a more serious problem. It's best to have a pro look it over if you are not well versed in trigger and action work. I don't take chances on trigger mechanisms. It's a real safety hazard if they malfunction.

3. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

If the trigger went from normal to "hard to pull" I'm thinking hardened grease and oil, debris/dirty. I'd begin by pulling the stock and degunking the action, give it a good inspection and relube.....and go from there.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

4. lildipr

lildipr TS Member

The 101 does not have an adjustable trigger, we would be glad to fix your problem about a 5 day turnaround.
    Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.