1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 101 trouble

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CLP101, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

I have my dad's old Field grade 101 and have been using it for trap shooting. On three different occasions I've had trouble getting it to open after firing. I push the lever but it only moves a little before it hits a wall and wont budge. If I shake the gun or bump it on the ground it opens. I know I need to get it worked on but local smiths don't want to touch it. Is there a really good 101 doctor that anyone could point me to. Preferably close but I would be willing to ship it. Thanks

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

You said you are looking for a place close to where you live. List what part of the country you live in & I would bet the folks on here can send you to someone that can help you. Seems there are alot of shooters here well connected to a good gunsmiths throughout this country. Colonel

3. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

I have had a piece of shot get caught in the locking mechanism on my 101 before and had the same trouble. look at the bar that locks into the bottom of your barrel and see if something is lodged in it.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.