1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 101 trap value?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have an acquaintence that has a two barrel Win 101 trap set. The o/u barrel is 30 in mod/full and the single trap barrel is full. He has offered to sell it to me and I really don't know anything about the gun and the set is not listed in my Blue book values. I would say the condition to be 90 percent. It doesn't have any bad spots in the bluing and only minor handling marks. No chips or scratches. I've always heard that a 101 kicks bad but I've heard that about a lot of other guns and I have not found that to be true. He asked me what I would give him for the set and I just didn't have a clue. Appreciate your help. Jackie B.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Sight unseen is tough but i wouldn't pay over $1400 and that would be on the very high end in my opinion. I've seen these combos sell for around $1000 in pretty decent condition. That being said, they are not bad guns at all in the medium entry level class. Just my opinion and 2 cents---Matt

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jackie, Ask to shoot it for the day and put like 300 rounds through it. See how your shoulder feels in the morning. Then you can give him your offer. Oh Yeh, parts are starting to get hard to find on those guns and as a result of that, parts will start to get pricey for them soon. Break-em all. Jeff

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

I sold my 101 combo (Don't think it had Trap written on it) for either $650.00 or $750.00 about 6 years ago or so. The buyer really checked the rib as they seem to have a problem coming loose or breaking... not real sure what he was checking but he said mine was OK.

Mine did NOT kick for me. I did cut the butt off at a tapper 1/4 inch at top to 0 at bottom so it would not jump.Ray

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

0   0   0

Depending on the model, anywhere from 1100 to 2200. Early editions were fixed choke and blue receivers. Later they brought the Diamond Grade out, with a silver finish. It had (in most cases) Winchokes for the single and lower barrel of the double.

Parts aren't that hard to come by, and they have proven themselves capable of high volume shooting with few problems. The recoil is no better or worse than Browning or other guns.

I say this owning 5 trap (Diamond Grade) and pokeing 300-500 birds a week for the last 7-8 years from only one of them (others are in the safe).

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It has the blued receiver with fixed chokes. He finally told me that he would like $1350.00 for it. I haven't made up my mind yet. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
winchester 101 single barrel trap gun
winchester 101 single barrel trap shotgun
value of winchester 101 trap single barrel
winchester 101 field grade single barrel trap value

winchester 101 or browning 725 for trap

winchester 101 trap shotgun value
winchester 101 trap value
winchester 101single barrel trap gun value