1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 101 - Trap Combo - Anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Catching Chrome, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I just picked up a winchester 101 Trap Combo. 32" O/U with two additional 32" barrels (F and IM) and matching forearms. I thought it was pretty nice especially seeing it was cased and it seemed like alot of gun for the money. It has a case that fits the whole combo. Apparently it was made in 1967. I'll have to replace the dry rotted butt pad but other than that it's a really nice combo.

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I have 3, and you got a great gun. reliable, and easy to shoot. Make sure it fits, and stay with lighter loads. PM me if you have any questions or need help.

BTW - be careful putting the forearm on - the wood gets cracked easily there on that model.

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Congratulations! I envy you. I had a 1968 O/U that I shor for ten years. It never stuttered or stumbled once! Martinpicker

4. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

I have a 101 Trap, 101 Diamond Grade Trap Combo, and a 101 Diamond Grade Skeet .410.

Great guns.

5. PDW1938

PDW1938 TS Member

I've got one also. L/N condition. Traded for it in 1972. Never used it, although they are great guns. Model 12 was my theme back then. Thinking about selling it.

6. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

There was one just like that 3 weeks ago at Gander Mtn. by Richfield Wi. Is it still there?

If they fit the recoil is O.K. They smoked the birds with there tight chokes.

John G.

7. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

How much was it selling for?

8. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

Recently traded for one sight unseen. All ribs and some midribs were reattached half a with glue. Phillip C. Resoldered all and went through all. Pm me if interested in buying. 3 barrel set. Mechanically very good now.

9. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I shot one for years. Everyone told me how bad they kicked. Never seemed to bother me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester 101 skeet trap combo