1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester 101 Select

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Has anyone tried the Winchester 101 Pigeon Grade trap shotgun? What do you like and dislike about it?
    Thanks
    JMAC

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

They shoot very "flat". Sort of a copy of a Beretta 682/687 series, but the grip is a little farther to the rear. You'll want the 30" pipes, and buy good chokes for it. The side ribs will come loose if you shoot heavy (3 1/4 dr. pigeon) loads. Not a bad gun, especially at that price range. I've owned two. GAP

3. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I shot trap with the Select for most of this past season. I believe it to be a well built shotgun because it has the same barrel system as the Browning. The two main problems I had was the fit of the stock wasn't right for me and making changes didn't do me much good. The other problem was that after I bought the gun I couldn't find anyone to make release triggers. What I did was make my own and it was quite a chore.

If you don't need release triggers and you find the fit to be good then you shouldn't have any trouble. Also, someone could be building releases by now.

I sold mine and converted back to pull triggers for the buyer so I have a one-off set that I can install for someone with one of these guns. Too much work and expense to make them in numbers.

Mark Russell

4. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

How much for the releases?

5. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

I have had a select energy trap for two years now. Shoots flat, right where you point it. Great gun I shoot shoot alot of heavy loads for games. Has held up good so far. For the price it is worth it.

George

6. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

gsw, I sent you a pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.