1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER 101 PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TCFelty, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

A friend of mine has a 101 o/u that his son shoots a lot of trap with. The problem is the rib came of and we are wanting to now where he could send the barrels and rib to get put back on and how much it might cost. Any phone no.s and info would be great. Thanks Tim

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Mine did the same thing. I just glued it back on with hi temp(blue) Permatex. My didn't come all the way off so I just slid a couple of toothpicks under to prop it open. Cleaned it good with rubbing alchol, pushed the permatex underneath, pulled out the picks, put on some rubberbands making sure the rib was aligned and waited 24 hours. That was 10,000 plus rounds ago and not a problem since. $5.00 bucks should do it.

3. robertb291

robertb291 Member

Tim
    The rib will have to be resoldered and the barrel set and receiver reblued...usually $250-350.This was a common problem with these guns.
    Bob

4. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

I had the same problem as J Brooks. Mine was loose about 8 inches from the receiver. I did the same fix only with clear silicone and have never had a problem since.

Frank M.

5. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

Thanks guys for all your help. The rib did come completely off. We had it repaired once with some automotive compound that lasted about a year but now it has come off again. Thanks for the info Joe I'll give wrights gun shop a call and see what we have to do. Tim

6. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

i owned the older style 101 and could tell the rib had been reglued. also, it was starting to come loose again.

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

If you are not completely satisfied with this style of rib, this is a perfect opportunity to upgeade to something better. I'm thinking Simmons but there are others who could give you something better. A little more weight might not hurt either. Pun intended... Ron Renouf

8. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I started ATA with my 28" field 101 and the rib came off. Simmons, in Olathe, Ks, put it back using silver solder. I have been using my 101 Pigeon grade for 30+ years and several thousand rounds and the rib has never been a problem. Simmons said the pigeon grade used silver solder and don't normally come off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
problem solving winchester defender
troubleshooting the winchester 101

winchester 101 problems

winchester 101 ultimate field
winchester 101 ultimate field problems
wnchester 101 ventlated rib problem