1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 101 Pigeon Repair or Sell? Skt/Skt

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by omahasportingsupply, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Winchester 101 pigeon grade gun that I took in on trade. The skeet shooter decided to work dog trials rather than the skeet range. The lock block will have to be replaced someday since the release lever is working close to the center. The gun doesn't fit me and I don't shoot much skeet. Would I be better off the have a new locking block put in BEFORE attempting to sell or sell with full disclosure? The only thing I am aware of is the gun has had a crack repaired on the forearm and the lever is moving toward center. I have shot it a few times and it performs flawlessly. I have enough fitting guns already that this one may go to the auction block. What have your experiences been? I have had car dealers tell me they would have to fix things on my trade in and then gave me inflated estimates on what it would take to fix these flaws. I have time and no hurry to sell. Thanks Omaha

2. new loader

new loader Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Take it to a local "live" consignment auction and sell it there. All merchandise sold "as-is, where-is, and how you know it to be." It's up to the buyer to discover faults and seller has no obligation to disclose.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Newloader............ remind me NEVER to buy anything from you.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

Put a price on it.

5. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

0   0   0

what will you take for it as is?

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

0   0   0

I will snap some pictures of it but it doesn't look beat up. I just know that it has had a number of rounds through it and will need repairs sometime in the future. It has had good care from the previous owner and mostly safe time with me.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Not all O/U's were set up to have the lever way to the right. As an old head at warranty service and repair on many brands of guns, including the Winchester line, many 101's had the lever pretty close to 6 o'clock when new.

If it does not fit, you know what to do. There are many folks that gun WILL fit.

I now shoot 3/4 oz loads at 1300 for Skeet in my O/U. I doubt it will need a block as long as I am able to shoot it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.