1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 101 parts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tsosin, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Have an early seventies Winchester 101 skeet and skeet with excellent wood. It has a partially detached rib that will cost almost 400.00 to have replaced. I'm considering selling the stock and forearm, reciever or any part that you might need. Any interest out there?

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Yeah, glue the rib back on with RTV gasket silicone. Get the blue or black for about $5.00 at an auto parts store. Clean with rubbing alcohol first. Prop the rib up with toothpicks and spread the RTV under the rib. Remove the picks and center the rib holding it in place with rubber bands for about 24 hours. It will last forever.

3. eseewed

eseewed TS Member

I would be interested in the receiver if yuo are willing to part it out or the receiver and stock and possibly the forearm.

Please reply or call me @ 303-635-2633
    Scott DeWeese
    Westminster, CO

Thanks

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I have glued ribs on before but it was only a short term fix, they didn't hold up too long.. Check you Personal Messages.

Big Jack

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

What kind of glue did you use, Jack?

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Without the bottle, I'm sorry, I can't remember the name. I do remember, we cleaned everything as best was possible and were told not to get this super glue on fingers or in eyes. Purchased from local industrial supply listed for bonding metals. Held for a couple of months. Put the rib on a second time with the black two part glue from Lyman that they used for add-on ribs. Owner just didn't wish to go thru resolder & reblue. Never considered RTV, have to remember that one.

Big Jack

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Super Glue and most epoxies will be to brittle to take the recoil vibration and/or heat. The RTV will flex and take the heat.

8. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

How much would you want for the barrels? Thank you, Rodbuster

9. eseewed

eseewed TS Member

Did you decide to fix the rib or part it out? Please reply.

Scott DeWeese
    Westminster, CO

10. Trap Dude

Trap Dude TS Member

Hey Im very interested in some of your parts so if you could e-mail me that would be great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester 101 parts

winchester 101 parts for sale