1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 101 American Flyer Live Bird WTB

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by jmac_cope, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Gary
    Thanks for making this forum so user friendly!

2. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Well, ya gotta admit that it does ask you real special like if you know WTF you're doing. It really ain't that hard to figure out, is it?

Maybe Gary is getting old like me and his frustration tolerance for certain kind a things is getting low.

BTW Doc, if you come across on that has the 28/30 combo set and a schnabel forend that was mine. I swapped forends w/ Winchester. I don't recall the name of the gentleman there but he was just way helpful. Roman put me in touch w/ him.

3. P-Stick

P-Stick Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have two Winchester 101 grade. I will take some pictures and send them.

4. MR870

MR870 Member

0   0   0

Try Classic Doubles( formerly eagle trading )out of Nevada.He's has what you are looking for.I bought a Classic Double Trap with AAA wood that looked as though it had never been fired.And I know he has the Live Bird guns.

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

I purchased one about 15 years ago NIB put less then 500 rounds thru it and sold it. It was one of the few guns that I actually made money on.Nothing wrong with it just did not fit me well and I had a lot of brusing.If I remember correctly flat or oil finish, choke tube on the top with a fixed barell on bottom or vice versa 28.5/29/5" barell

Jim Z

6. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

0   0   0

You will love it - that is my favorite gun of all of mine. No, it's not for sale. If possible, get the two barrel set with choke tubes. Some came with fixed chokes.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

No doubt about it, TS.com is the best web site on the net.

Wayne

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Hey Gary >: ( are you calling me short???? FYI..my nickname in gym class was tripod

9. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dr Larry,

If it is OK with Gary.

Winchester made tha American Flyer for only 3 years. The rib on this gun is special to the American Flyer.

When they first came out you had the chioce of 28 inch x-full over Win Choke. Then you could get a 29-1/2 inch model which were tubed in both barrels. Then you could get the 2 barrel set which was 28 and 29-1/2 barrels, both were x-full over WinChokes.

At the end of production they were making them with the 28 inch guns with x-full over Winchokes, 29-1/2 inch with Win Chokes in both barrels and the 2 barrel sets were Winchoked in all 4 barrels.

My understanding is they only made 50, 2 barrel sets total, but I cannot confirm.

I have not seen any of these gun without great wood. They were all sweet.

I bought 1 in the 1st year with the 29-1/2 barrel so I could get the tubes. I also have a 2 barrel set with tubes in all the barrels. They both shoot nice and they balance well with either barrel set.

They also have thier own special hard case and mine came with 2 x-full chokes, 2 full chokes and 1 modified choke.

When you whack a flyer right out of the box with a x-full choke and 1-1/4 oz of copper 7-1/2's, they die real fast.

There is what I know,and you get what you pay for.

OB

ps. I also have the original Winchester "Classic Doubles" literature.

10. Fhil Whiner

Fhil Whiner TS Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
winchester american flyer
winchester 101 american flyer
winchester 101 american flyer description

winchester 101 american flyer live bird

winchester 101 american flyer specs
winchester american flyer