1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win SX3 good, bad, or ugly?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by turmite, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turmite

turmite Member

Ok, I know the gun isn't ugly, but what about the other two? I got to handle one of them yesterday at Academy Sports and I have to say the gun fit me like a glove. The weight was incredibly light compared to the Cynergy I handled, and to the well known 1100 I use on occasion.

Will the SX hold up to trap? Is the weight going to be a problem with recoil. My main interest is for a couple of youth guns for the very young (sixth graders) that can't handle one of the 391's or 1100's we have access to.

What makes the weight so much lighter?

Mike

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a super x3 and love it but it is not a good trap gun. If they cant handle the 1100 or 291 they wont be able to handle the super x3

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

IF you use the light piston and load up some light loads, e.g. 7/8 or 1oz @ 1100fps, the SX3 will work fine for the youngsters for Trap. If you install a TomMorton internal shell catcher, you won't eject empties on the shooter to your right if you load just one shell.

I have shot ALL kinds of loads through my SX2 without any issues, and it has held up just fine! A dedicated Trap gun? I think not, unless you stick with LIGHT loads.

AndyH ;-)

4. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

The best semi auto for small youth is the beretta youth model 3901, has adjustable comb and stock spacers for lenght of pull.

5. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

I have an SX-2 Waterfowl 3.5" and I believe the SX-3 guns are lighter than the comparable SX-2 models due to an aluminum mag tube and recoil spring tube.

My gun will cycle 1-1/8th ounce low brass #8 loads. I don't recall trying any of the 1-ounce loads I have.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

good bad ugly on sx3