1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win Super X2 questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KiloMike, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiloMike

KiloMike TS Member

Aug 15, 2007
    I'm a new shooter looking for a good all-around gun to buy as a first gun to shoot trap, possibly some skeet and sporting clays later. Not looking to do any competitive shooting (other than with the friends who started me on this obsession!). Never been a shotgun owner/shooter before a couple of weeks ago. Looking at entering with the Super X2. I have a couple of questions:

1) Are there any significant differences between the Super X2 Sporting Clays with the wood stock and the new "Signature" versions other than the DuraTouch finish and the color?

2) Since I am looking for an all-around gun, should I be looking at the 28" barrel or 30".

Thanks in advance!

2. flinter58

flinter58 TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The sporting clays gun comes with 2 gas devices - 1 for light loads and 1 for heavy loads -
    Go with the 30"
  3. duffybear69

duffybear69 TS Member

Jul 17, 2006
    I shoot the signature red version of the super x2. Get the 30 inch. I don't think this would be a good doubles gun as mine seems to like to jam while closing. But since I don't shoot doubles, or at least don't shoot doubles yet it works fine for me.

The red finnish on the gun does not look as pretty as a nice wood stock, but it makes it easy to spot my gun on the rack. Plus it seems to be an eye cachter on the rack. Have gotten to talk to many people just because the different look of the gun.

Plus I would also get a shell catcher. Mine will throw a shell a country mile. If I did not have the shell catcher I would hit the person next to me in the head.
  4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

SuperX 2's are a very good handling and shooting auto, but they can be a little sensative about the shells used in them. I had one that didn't like any sort of bulge at the crimped end of the hull(Happens to straight hulls a lot).

I had a red and black signature II with a 30" barrel. These use the same chokes as Browning (INV +) and have a good .740 backbore barrel. These guns can be bought very resonably these days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.