1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win Super Target,, Universal hulls?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mooshkat, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

I have these in 20ga. Can i reload these Walmart cheapies? If so, more than once? I also have a couple hundred high brass Fed. game loads, how about these? If i can reload these, is the one wad that would work in both hulls, with say Alliants 20/28 powder?. I just got a Premere 1187, would like to make up some loads i could use for my wife to try a little trap, and for grouse hunting. Thanks Dave

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Moosh, I'd throw that stuff in the trash and get a flat or two of Remington 20 ga. Gun Glubs or Sport Loads as a hull source or just buy a decent Remington hull outright once fired. 20/28 is a great powder (I use it), Universal Clays is a great powder also (I use it). I like the Remington RXP Wads and the Orange Dusters. Only my opinion. My 20 ga. reloads come out nice and shoot great.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'll second that reply..

4. fish and teach

fish and teach TS Member

I'm definitely agreeing with the previous poster that said the Rem GC or Shurshots are better, however....
    I've reloaded lots of the Universals just because that's what I get a lot of the time when dumpster diving. I'll dump 16.0 grains of Unique under an Orange Duster with 7/8 oz of #8's in it. Most of the crimps look great. Have reloaded them up to 3 times. The best part is when I throw them away, I know that I haven't lost anything.

5. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

i reload these hulls all the time in 12ga. I shoot alot of "buddy" shoots and i reload 23.5gr of universal, 1 1/8 #6, windjammer wad, and a noble sport primer as a second shot shell. ive never had any problems with this hull other than the occasional bad crimp on the loader. but i have to say that the rem gun clubs are a good hull too. hope i could help. BYG

6. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

Thanks guys, i will buy the rem. hulls next time, i think i will toss these as i shoot them, i only got two four packs. I would have bought rem. but all they had were the win. They were changing everything over to ice fishing at Walmart , they hardly had anything for shooting out, some win and a few fed game loads, not much to choose from. Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.