1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win super target shells?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dls guide, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dls guide

dls guide Member

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) shooting the cheaper Winchester Super Target shells? Are they about the same as Estates or Top Guns? They are on sale locally for $53 a flat. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Daryl.

2. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

My first year was last year and I shot them all the time without any misfires. I used the 2 3/4 dram, #8 shot. I always waited until they were on sale - $53 per flat is a good price, especially if you can combine that with a $20 off coupon (if you spend $150 at Cabelas).

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Daryl, In my opinion the super Targets are a good economy line shell. The Estates are the best economy shell made. The reason is the Estates shells have the highest percentage of antimony in them. The other economy's all have around 3%, but the Estates are higher around 5% or so. The Green Rio's also have 5% antimony as do the Keman's the sister company of Rio. The Win. Super target,Rem gun club, Federal's top gun all have around 3% antimony shot. I have not read what the Walmart shell shells have in them??? My guess is around 3% as well. I do like the Win. one piece wad in the Super target. The Federal shells mostly all have a 2 piece wad. Now I'm not sure about the Rem. Gun Club wad, but think its at least a one piece wad. Not sure if its their premium wad though, like Win. does use in the Super Targets. Good Luck and break em all Jeff

4. In plain view

In plain view Member

Been shooting them long time. Just ordered 3 more cases. There just as good as Estates, Top Gun etc. $53.00 a case is a good buy. I just paid $56.00. Bob

5. notarget

notarget TS Member

They are OK for shooting but not much for reloading. Gun Clubs and Estates are better. Gun Clubs seem to reload better than the other economy shells.

6. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Winchester Super Targets are $52.99 at Cebela's. Shipping is 1 cent if you use coupon code 32PENNY and buy one article of either clothing or shoes.

Coupon expires at midnight.

Cabela's will donate $2 from each flat to the US Shooting Team also.

Tim

7. doublea

doublea Member

I shot a couple of cases last year. They shot fine, but seemed to burn dirty. My 1100 did not like a steady diet of them. Adam

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good for cheap.

9. dls guide

dls guide Member

Thanks guys. I just want to stock pile some shells for the season and don't need any more hulls to reload. I may try some of these. I seem to remember that Kim Rhode used to advertise these, so maybe using Win super target shells will make me shoot as good as her. She is one of my heroes. Daryl

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Don't see many at the club I belong to, in the promo stuff, mostly Fed. next is Gun Club next is import stuff last is WW super tgt. Maybe due to what's available in this area. Ross Puls

11. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I started using the 1 oz #8 winchester super targets last year and loved them. I had more 25 straights last year than in the previous 5 years combined, I won't shoot anything else now if I can get them (they got alittle scare around here)

12. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Cut open a Top Gun and look at the shot and wad. Then cut open a Winchester Super Target and compare. You will throw away all of your Top Guns.

Just got in a delivery of Winchester Super Target from Cablelas. They are running a sale for 52.99 a flat. Use your $20.00 off coupon to cover shipping and buy discounted gift cards from various vendors to get the price down to about 46.00 a flat.

Most loads are sold out; however, they are backorderable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.