1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win primers/Rem hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by houbyhunter, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houbyhunter

houbyhunter TS Member

Does anyone have a problem fully seating Winchester primers in Remington hulls? I have a MEC grabber and a 9000G. I've adjusted the powder drop tube down slightly and it doesn't help.
    Thanks,
    Randy Kalal

2. CBone

CBone TS Member

My experience is the same as Flincher. Not all stick out a little the first time, but some do. After that they all seat perfectly. I've loaded thousands and they work well.

3. nrasmus

nrasmus Member

I honestly have not really noticed this, mine all seat fully. They do go easier the second time for sure.
    I have loaded them that way four almost ten years.

Nick

4. shamlin

shamlin Member

I had the same problem. I got tired of only getting 3 re-loads out of AA hulls so I recently switched to Remingtons. After shooting them this weekend I may have to go to Remington primers. I noticed that all around the primer there was powder burn where the primer did not fully seat and left burn residue around the primer. Now I am not too sure on reloading with Winchester primers.

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I'm with Flincher and I use a hydro Spolar. When I change gauge tools and check primer seeting, if the hulls are once fired, when I set the primer seating depth they are just a tad high. This causes no problems and I know in subsequent reloads they will be set perfect.

Cheers

6. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have not noticed any problem with either primers or hulls ( Rem or Win). My Spolar eats them up.

Charlie

7. creteham

creteham Member

What flicher said.

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

grabber winchester hull remington primer