1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win Model 42 For Sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KellyB1, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KellyB1

KellyB1 TS Member

Sad to do it but must sell: 1933 Winchester Model 42. 26 Inch, full, 3", Vent Rib. Family owned from day one. Delivered to my Grandfather in Omaha in 1933. Gun was ordered with a rib. (Model 42 "experts": I am aware of the factory history and Simmons and ribs- ad nauseum) Note, Winchester would do special work for special orders - they farmed them out. This gun was ordered with a vent rib and delivered with a vent rib. Winchester had the work done or did the work. The price is great, and this is because the stock was/is shaved on one side (NOT cut down) to fit a 10 year old kid - my dad. I could re-stock and claim that it is all original and nobody would know - except me. Price is $1500.00. Everything on this gun is original. There is some pitting on the receiver - keep in mind it is 74 years old and it was used! Bore is excellent. Email me for pictures. Serious inquiries only. Please no history lessons or lectures - I have spent almost 6 months researching; Family, friends, Buffalo Bill Museum, Blue Book, Model 42 Book and a very, very nice ol'timer that has forgotten more about Winchester Shotguns than most people will ever know. Thank you for your interest.

2. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

Just one question, did you check with Don "Duck" Combs?
    Sportalluring

3. KellyB1

KellyB1 TS Member

Indirectly, yes - Info he gave me, according to Cody Museum was incorrect - substantiated a lot of facts via an ol' time who worked for Winchester as well as the Buffalo Bill museum. I was polite and emailed the correct info to the Duck and requested he help me out - blew me off.

4. KellyB1

KellyB1 TS Member

Thank you JP and Trap2day.

5. commish

commish Member

what type of posts are on the rib? Can you send me some photos. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.