1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win. Model 12

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by 17145, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 17145

17145 TS Member

0   0   0

I've got a 1963 Model 12 # 1911XXX, it has 12-2 engraving on both sides of the receiver. This gun is not a pigeon grade, according to a book I've got, only pigeon grade guns came with the 12-2 through 12-5 engraving. My question is why would Winchester put the engraving on a non pigeon grade gun or could this gun have been engraved after it left the factory?

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Whixh book are you using as your guide? One of the books I have shows engraving 12-2 on non pigeon guns. It may have been returned to the factory or ordered with the engraving that way.

3. 17145

17145 TS Member

0   0   0

The book I'm using for a reference is called "Winchester Shotguns" the author is Dennis Adler, its a hard cover book and has an entire chapter just on Model 12's from 1912 to 1980. At the end of the chapter it talks about pre '64 and post '64 guns, then it talks about pigeon grade guns and thier engravings.

4. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

0   0   0

Well if you want to sell let me know.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

i'd second that, i am in on the chase!!

6. 17145

17145 TS Member

0   0   0

Do you want to buy the book or the gun?

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you paid, they would put whatever you want on the gun. Have to tried to letter it via the Cody Museum. They have the remaining records and this may shed light on whether is left originally in this engraved condition vice being added later (or added by a 3rd party aftermarket engraver outside of the factory).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.