1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WIN mod - 52 - please help-------------------

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plabels466, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I have in my possesion a winchester model 52 target rifle....Here is a description of it....28'', yes a 28'' barrel that measures .875 at the muzzle & 1.25 at the back of the barrel....It has 2 screws at the front of the trigger guard that adjusts the trigger.... It has a bedding adjustment at the end of the forend....It has the REAL LYMAN TARGET SIGHTS - front & rear....It has the palm rest ball for a RH shooter in the bottom of the forend....It is in really great shape......It has a 20X Litschert scope on it....The scope looks like a Unertel target scope with the exterior barrel mounts.....What I need to know is - what model do I have?????? What can you tell me about the scope????? An idea on the value.......And where can I call or email for an appraised value......Thanks in advance....I do not know where else I can get the above info....You guys have been great in the past........Pete

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

It would be a straight Mdl 52. There is a alpha number which would be after it to designate later models. It is very hard to give you a real value becuase of not being able to see the condition of the rifle. The scope is a good scope for the technology that was available at the time. Is it the one where the endcaps screw into the body of the scope? The PITA part is resetting it all of the time. Think about going to Gunbroker, but a lot of those guns are on there for a long time as the people think they have something that they can retire on.

Just for a ball park I would say 500 to $800 depending on the condition and it is a large range. With Winchester closing ther has been a slight increase in prices, but you have to find someone to pay that particular price. Where are you located? Rick Gibbs

3. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Thanks for your reply Rick......Yes it has end caps.......I live in Colorado......Pete

4. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Thanks Skip.....Keep em coming guys - so far you have been very helpful.....Pete

5. larryjk

larryjk Member

The 52 "C" had a detachable magazine. The "D" is a single shot. The old A and B have different stocks (fluted forend).I shoot an old B model that still shoots better than I can hold it.

6. larryjk

larryjk Member

The 52 "C" had a detachable magazine. The "D" is a single shot. The old A and B have different stocks (fluted forend).I shoot an old B model that still shoots better than I can hold it.

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

From your description I would say it's a 52C with the micro motion trigger. I have one also like you describe, But no scope only redfield olympic sights. The adjustable bedding system is probably made by Al Freeland.

BTW the micro motion trigger is the best Win 52 factory trigger.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mico motion trigger mod