1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

win mod 50

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trap906, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap906

trap906 Member

Hey guys I have 2 mod 50 winchester shotguns that will fire and operate, except. the bolt will not stay open on last round. I can't even see what the bolt release holds on. Is there something missing, or operater error...?

2. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

There is a way to time these guns and that could be the problem. I had one years ago and did it but don't remember how. Perhaps someone could jump in on this.

Mike.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

It is very important to keep these guns in time otherwise you can damage the receiver. Remove the recoil pad and adjust the screw until the bolt just stays open. Hap knows how to do it much better than my brief explanation.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Trap906, PM me and I'll help you fix your guns. Don't shoot them anymore till they are fixed!!

Hap

5. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

Hap! Ihave5 of them and never had to time them-- lucky I guess! Marv.

I sure would like to have a trap chamber that will drop the empties at your feet.-- any extras? Marv.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Marv, you are either lucky or you don't shoot much with them? They will get out of time and the first sign to look for is how much farther they throw the empty hulls!

You're also outa luck on a trap chamber, so am I. I've only seen pictures of them, never held one in my hands.

Hap

7. rbk18

rbk18 Member

I have a question for you model 50 guys. I have one with a round post rib and a cutts on it. It doesn't have a choke marking on the barrel, so would that make it a factory cutts gun? Bruce

8. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

Bruce --The round post ribs were simmons ribs. I am not sure whether they were put on at the factory or barrels were put on by Simmons. As far as factory installed cutts -- ?? . I do have a Browning 12ett With a factory installed Cutts. Marv

9. Hap MecTweaks

Bruce, usually, if the Win barrel had no choke mark, the cutts was factory added. May have been sent to Simmons or could have been installed at Win.

Hap

10. rbk18

rbk18 Member

Hap, that's what I thought, no choke markings, then it was a factory cutts gun. Thanks Bruce

11. rbk18

rbk18 Member

The rib does not say simmons on it??? Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.