Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WIN MOD 50 whats it worth 20 ga

2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  nonshooter 
#1 ·
This gun is a win mod 50 20ga.28 inch barrel no rib mod choke.Belonged to my grandpa whats it worth.dated 1958 Dave

#5 ·
Thanks,I shot this gun just a couple of weeks ago,and it shoots great.Its been in my closit for a long while.I was thinking about altering it so my daughter could shoot it,But I think I should leave it alone and get her the 1100,or 1187 I was lookig for.Thanks again Dave

#16 ·
PBB, unless the 20 ga. receiver is totally different (I've never owned one of those) than my 3 50s and 1 59, Dave's barrel should measure 28 inches? My 30s measure 29" from the front of the receiver as Dave measured his 20 ga. The 26" inch barrels measured 25" the same way?

"The 20 gauge was 27".. you measured correctly.."

Are you sure? Hap

#24 ·
Dave,

FYI:

The way Winchester and many other gun companies measure the length of a barrel is from the muzzle end to where the brass part of the shell rests at the back of the chamber. The Model 50 barrels were made in lengths from 26 to 30" and a vented rib was optional. A 20 ga. is worth about $150. more than a 12 ga. They were made from 1954 -1961 and there were about 196,000 made. It was also re-coil operated, not gas.
Hope that helps......

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.