1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WIN MOD 50 whats it worth 20 ga

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trappug, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappug

trappug TS Member

This gun is a win mod 50 20ga.28 inch barrel no rib mod choke.Belonged to my grandpa whats it worth.dated 1958 Dave

2. trappug

trappug TS Member

<a href="http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/58chvytrklvr/?action=view&current=mod50007.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>here is a couple of photos

3. trappug

trappug TS Member

<a href="http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/58chvytrklvr/?action=view&current=mod50004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. trappug

trappug TS Member

<a href="http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/58chvytrklvr/?action=view&current=mod50002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>Yes,I know,I will mop this weekend.Dave

5. trappug

trappug TS Member

Thanks,I shot this gun just a couple of weeks ago,and it shoots great.Its been in my closit for a long while.I was thinking about altering it so my daughter could shoot it,But I think I should leave it alone and get her the 1100,or 1187 I was lookig for.Thanks again Dave

6. trappug

trappug TS Member

By the way when I was at my local trap club a couple of guys offered me 300.00 dollars for it.I'm glad I waited to find out.Dave

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Dave, I think Mike is a little high on his estimate. If it had a VR he might be closer. Hard to tell from the pics, but are there some issues w/ the bluing? If so that, of course is a negative.

8. trappug

trappug TS Member

Actually the bluing is good I would say its 80%.the only wear I can see is on the very edges.Their doesnt seem to be any scratches either.Dave

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I went to a gun show Saturday here in Tucson. I found a like new mod.59 and it followed me home! Looked to have cosmoline on it internally? Hap

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Remember the old rule/ Supply & demand. I think $500.00 would be fare.
    I think you would sell it fast in the right circles.

Joe Woods/Ontario

11. trappug

trappug TS Member

Hey I want to ask you guys somthing else.I measured the barrel from the receiver to the end of barrel it was 27".Do I have to allow for the shell for barrel length.Does this make it a26" or 28".Dave

12. Hap MecTweaks

Dave, back end of shell to muzzle end. 28" Hap

13. trappug

trappug TS Member

So this is definetly a 28" barrel.

14. trappug

trappug TS Member

Perazzi big bore I was told by some one yesturday you might have a butt stock for this gun is that true.Dave

15. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Dave, I beleive both new and used stocks are available @ Numrich. Right around $40 for a used one if you want one to cut down for a child.

16. Hap MecTweaks

PBB, unless the 20 ga. receiver is totally different (I've never owned one of those) than my 3 50s and 1 59, Dave's barrel should measure 28 inches? My 30s measure 29" from the front of the receiver as Dave measured his 20 ga. The 26" inch barrels measured 25" the same way?

"The 20 gauge was 27".. you measured correctly.."

Are you sure? Hap

17. trappug

trappug TS Member

So I'm sure from what you guys say its a 28".Thanks for the help.? who or what is numrich.Dave

18. trappug

trappug TS Member

Is that a dealer or sight where I can get a stock.Dave

19. trappug

trappug TS Member

I can tell you this gun shoots great,Thanks for your help and input.I think its in my best interest to maybe keep this gun and let my daughter shoot it.And your right this gun is a very soft shooter.Dave

20. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Careful shortening the stock, Stock bolt travels down the stock. Remove butt plate and you will see. Nice gun. Thought I was the only 50/59 collector. My father has owned one since 54,55. Obviously I have used since I was young.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.