1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

win mod 12 value???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by southjblue, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Still can't get a real feel on value of a pre Y mod 12 in mint or near mint condition all orig---Help if U can---sjb---

2. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

Not much of a description of the gun. Post some pictures with details on the gun. Then you will get all the help you need on value. Thanks Jim

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am not trying to sell a mod 12---I am interested to know the value if I try to buy one---Thanks---sjb---

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

0   0   0

12 ga trap gun not a pigeon no engraving excellent condition about $850

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

0   0   0

SJB:

I'm going to jump in here and hope I don't make too big a fool of myself. Buying a Model 12 is a little like buying a diamond. There are a gazillion diamonds on this earth and there are darn near as many Model-12s. If you look across the dinner table at a Lady's HUGE diamond, you may think that it is of great value when, indeed, closer scrutiny could prove it to be virtually worthless. A photo of a donut post, b-carved, 12-5 engraved Model-12 may knock your sox off, but under closer scrutiny by any of a number of well known authorities, it could be, in terms of desirablility, equally worthless. With diamonds, it's color, clarity, cut, size, and weight. With Model-12s, it's worse. Further, because of the interchangeability of wood, and other parts, a gifted craftsman can easily produce a forgery that will fool even some experienced collectors. Novices with "a little knowledge" are but babes in the woods.

If a member here had purchased a 1957 Winchester Model-12 with factory vent-rib, AA wood, Monte Carlo buttstock, shot it briefly at the end of the season(say 500 rounds)and put it back in the box and then in the safe and never shot it again, you probably wouldn't be able to buy it for $2500.00. If that same member had shot that gun from 1957 until 1993, had it cleaned up and pitched it in the closet with his golf clubs, then you are probably talking $1,100.00...but I'm guessing and I'm hoping not to make a fool of myself.

Model-12s are classic pieces of Americana. They are an important part of our Nation's history. Look around for somebody you trust who knows them and ask for help. You'll be glad you did.

Respectfully, Kit Thomas

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

thanks---looks like $850 to $1000---Still looking for opi's---sjb---

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It looks to me like your asking a question you know the answer to .

Your not going to find a clean Model-12 trap for less then 8-900 bucks . Unless you just get lucky .

When you start talking about very nice Model-12,s the price goes up . How much the price goes up depends on the gun and how bad you would like to buy it .

Your going to spend 800 to a 1000 dollars and that is a good place to start .

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks ALF---

9. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

the 12s are not selling you can get a near mint for 500 now first of year they went for 900 all you want on GB

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I don't know what gunbrokers U are looking at but I went there and no such thing---Give me some item #s---sjb---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.