1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win Mdl 12 questions..

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Hello...couple of M 12 questions....What is a 3 pin rib? What time period? I know what a 2 pin is, but not a 3 pin. How can you remove the forend wood from the metal it is mounted on? Some come off easily, some don't move at all....any tricks? Thanks WC

2. dshot

dshot Member

ttt

3. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

3 pin rib was manufactured from late 59-64 I've seen a few 1,8xx,xxx ser number guns with 3 pin ribs but most have 1,9xx,xxx serial numbers it is similar in apperance to a 2 pin rib. The duckbill on the receiver of a 3 pin gun is smooth intead of machined like a 2 pin duck bill and the rib dovetails are soldered to the barrel instead of milled like a 2 pin. Then the rib itself is slid onto the dovetails already soldered to the barrel and 3 pins hold the rib to the barrel. To remove a stuck forend from the iron slide a mid sized screw driver inside the iron, theres a small steel rib inside to put the screw driver against and tap litely with a mallet, most will pop rite loose

4. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Thanks very much for the info...I did find out that warming the wood and the metal tube inside with a hair dryer works good to loosen the wood...Thanks WC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.