1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win Mdl 12 overhaul..so where? by whom?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by omgb, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I have an old M12 in 16 gauge that I have very, very little money in. At some point in time, somebody had a polychoke installed. The gun was made in the late 40s. The receiver blueing is badly blotched and the old stock is scratched and dinged. I'm thinking of dropping the polychoke, having it fitted for screw-ins, having a Win style rib added and a total re-blue and restock. Looks as if Simmons can do it all for under $1,600 or so. Are there any others out there who do this kind of wrok at that price-point?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Stu Wright can do about anything you want to a M12. I'd say his prices are inline with anything else you'll find.

ss

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

X2 on Stu. He is the Mod 12 Guru.

Hey i made a Rhyme.:)

Matt

4. krieghoff80

krieghoff80 Member

look up nu line....they bought all the old equipment from winchester....very good

5. blaster

blaster Member

Eubanks is the best ive seen

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Years ago I had Nuline do a couple and he was good. I've come to like Stu alot and feel he is as knowledgable/good and have two more that Iam going to let him redo.

7. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

omgb,

Im gonna add to this tread also,Stu Wright is the man to see,theres no doubt about it !!!!!!!!.There are some posts before and after mine from some very knowledgeable people and they know what there sayinn!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Nuff said .STU WRIGHT.

Sandy Holehouse.

8. blazer1

blazer1 TS Member

All my work is done by Gun Works of Central NY, ask for Henry, he is the best and was trained by the best. 315-363-7041. They have all the parts in stock along with being able to re-blue to factor standards.

9. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Stu Wright

10. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Stu Wright is the man. Good people to work with ....

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Stu Wright..has my vote..

12. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

jeeeze,

omgb,

What does this tread tell ya ????? LOL.

Sandy Holehouse.

13. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

It tells me that Stu Wright and Nu Line are both pretty well respected and interestingly, not one person tried to tell me tricking out this old gal was a fool's errand. Not that i would listen any way. I want a nice 16 GA pump to go with my German doubles. i really don't care about resale value...I'm more interested in asthetics and function. M12s shoot well and look good when gussied up.

14. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Nuline is pretty much old news,
    They mainly are now a source of parts.

I have been to their establishment and not much is going on.

Stu Wright does my work.

ed

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hmm, this reminds me -- I might go ahead and plant a few tomatoes this year :)

-Gary

16. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Okay, I will put in my 2 cents. You must have money to burn to pump $1600 into a $300 gun! Have fun! I have some stock that collapsed on me if interested! Tom Rhoads

17. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Well Tom, it was a lot cheaper than that ($300) but I digress. The basic platform is a very solid and classic design. So, I add $1600 to it and i get a work of art that I can also shoot. It makes me smile.....Shoot, I did a detailed paint job on my patio that included a lot of shading and outlining just because it looks cool. None of this crap is a sound investment. We are all a bunch of guys who burn through tons of cash breaking small clay disks. I figure, I'll spend less than the value of sales tax on a new car and unlike the car, I'll still have that gun 20 years from now. Any way, like I said, it's not meant to be an investment merely a diversion.

18. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I'm sure Wright's does a good job, as well as others. That said, I have had several Mod-12's gone thru, re-blued, ribbed and wood by Simmons over a period of 40 years. I have never had a bad experience with them. For what it's worth. J.W.

19. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

GW22,

You're killing me! LOL.

ss

20. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

GW22, what brand of tomatoes do you prefer?

Tom, sound investments are mostly ones minds illusion. Might as well enjoy the dream... Nothing last forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.