1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win m42

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hotrod67, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

I have a m42 that's in the shop to be repaired. Made in 1937 it has a 28" barrel with a solid Matt rib. I have a triple A fancy walnut butt stock on it now but have the original . My question is if I had the receiver engraved by a well known engraver would it kill the value of the gun? Any opinions? Thanks to all in advance....Dan.

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

If it is all orig,I'd keep it that way---If it has been refinished in any way then go do anything you want---With good engraving on one that has already been worked on the the value should go up but not to a collector---JMO---SJB

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Because of the solid rib, which is rare(relatively speaking), leave it in its original condition. Then, hunt around for a fence post, buy it cheap, have Glenrock Blue prep it for bluing, send it to Pauline and have her put a 42-5 on it, blue it, mount the wood and then stand back and behold a thing of beauty. Of course, the solid rib gun will still be worth more money. No matter how you cut it, you're a lucky devil to have that solid rib gun.

Kit

4. seitz10

seitz10 Member

Save the money on engraving and put it toward another m-42. You already have a keepsake, keep it that way. roger

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Good engraving (with gold figures) will increase the value alot. It may not be as good a value as a pristene original gun. From a collectors point, original, original, original.

6. 4painter

4painter Member

Ageed with all of abouve have one and love it, it has a few spots at end of barrell, probably blood spots, keep it origional.

7. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

Thanks everyone, will have it repaired and keep it all original.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

m 42 win