1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win M42 410 F/S-VR-fancy wood-a nice one.

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by boomer, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

SOLD--SOLD--Another gun from the back of the safe. This Model 42 Winchester 410 bore is extra nice. It's 42xxx serial number(prewar) with a 28 inch modified choke barrel. Extra nice Winchester style wood with a WRA buttplate. 98% blue and wood! Perfect bore and mechanics. It's an early Simmons rib with a Kansas City address. The lettering is excellent. All the work is done--have a dandy small bore game or clays gun for $1995 delivered lower 48. Email me or call Bill 609-658-7739.
    boomer_2008_0303469.jpg

boomer_2008_0303470.jpg

boomer_2008_0303471.jpg

boomer_2008_0303472.jpg

boomer_2008_0303473.jpg

boomer_2008_0303474.jpg

boomer_2008_0303475.jpg

2. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

SOLD--THANK YOU!!

3. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

I have a question about this M42 Winchester. Does this gun have a take down feature, where the whole front end of the gun separates from the receiver?. I'm not talking about just unscrewing the barrel, I'm talking the magazine, the slide assembly and everything. Just like a takedown lever action Winchester does.

It appears to have a second block in front of the front face of the receiver, like the lever guns with take down feature have.

Can some knowledgable person answer this question.

This is a nice gun. I have been looking for a Deluxe model M42 for a long time. This is by far the best one I have ever seen. Wish it was mine.

Randy

4. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Randy---model 42's take down the same way as a model 12. The front section has the barrel, forend and mag. Tube. The back section has the receiver and butt stock. There is a pin at the front of the magazine tube that rotates the mag tube and then the tube slides forward, allowing the front section to rotate 45 degrees and the sections separate. Hope this helps!

5. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

It rotates 45 degrees counter-clockwise.

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

Boomer, yes this is what I thought, it is typical Winchester takedown method. Like I said that was the nicest M42 I have ever seen. It must have pained you to sell it.

Thanks Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.