1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win. M21 Doubling-Who can fix?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by johnpe, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnpe

johnpe Member

This weekend I tried to shoot some sporting clays with my Winchester M21. I doubled twice in the first 5 pair. I would greatly appreciate the advice of those of you that have had this problem. Who is the person or company you recommend to do the repair? I have no problems sending it whereever it needs to go. Thanks!

Johnpe

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'm sure there are other good M21 gunsmiths but if it were mine I'd start with Galazans in Connecticut. They're the ones now building the 21 and I would think they'd be in a position to help.

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I agree with Bridger.

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

How much money can you borrow?

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I assume you checked to make sure the selector button was firmly engaged to what ever side you had it?

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Call Giacomo, 315-336-1356. He did my trigger. Galazan did my friend's 21. Replaced all the trigger parts, $375.

7. johnpe

johnpe Member

All,

Thanks a bunch for your responses.

Jim,

I agree that the screw that attaches the top and bottom tangs can cause doubling when it becomes the least bit loose. I've been "fixing" this gun this way for the last several years. However, this time, after tightening the screw, it doubled on the the second pair that was thrown. Yes, the selector button was completely on one side. In fact, I switched it a couple of times to be sure and also switched it depending on target presentations.

Since nothing worked, it's time to have the gun correct repaired.

8. Urbans

Urbans Member

Amen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.