1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win. AA Super Pigon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Force Break, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

I noticed the other day I am down to my last two boxes of Winchester Super Pigon loads. I use them to shoot pheasants and flushing dog trials. Since I haven't been in the market for them for a few years, I was wondering if Winchester is still making them and availability. They were hard to come by a while back. Thank you for any info.

2. 60MM

60MM TS Member

They are a thing of the past.

3. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Thank you even though it is not what I wanted to hear. Makes me wish I had bought more than the 8 flats at that time. Good Shooting Wayne

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If Winchester quit making them, you can get Federal Flyers they are the same as Win Pigeon Loads.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Both Remington and Federal make a 3¼, 1¼ 1250fps copper plated-shot pigeon load, and they are tops.

Lots of folks make 3¾, 1¼ 1330 loads, and even some 4dram jobbies, but B&P and Rio are the only ones with nickle-plated shot ... I think.

You have a lot of good choices.

Bob

6. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Good info to have longshot. I will check them out. Thank You!

7. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Lots of good info. I guess I got stuck using the same ammo because I had it. I discovered it by trying a bunch of different types, so back to the drawing board. I sort of like some Fiocchi's I tried at a field trial that performed well. I think I will buy a few boxes of the ones suggested and compare the results. The results I am looking for is dead birds in the air, so I have to find something the gun likes to eat.

8. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Federal GM or Premium Flyers absolutely rock! Way more fun to shoot than WSP's.

9. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

Funny you should ask.....I just found 2 boxes the other day. I plan on using them on Roosters this year! Great load.

10. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Moto, I shoot them in my doubles gun for pheasants and they are absolutely murder out to about 35 yds + depending on the hit, and on a crosser I have taken them down at 45+. Then again that gun and WSP's were buddies right from the start. Shoot Well Wayne

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm going to shoot pigeons for the first time. I thought about 7 1/2's in trap loads. Any comments, pro or con?

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ahh, I forgot to ask what choke tubes do most of you use assuming long shots?

13. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Federal no longer loads the 3.25 dram load.

Remington does in there STS Pigeon but it is "Hard Shot" not copper plated.

Fiocchi has a ZZ load in nickel but it is high velocity also.

Nothing out there exactly like the old AA.

Will

14. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

I have 7 flats of AA Super Pigeon ( unfired ) that I used for flyers. Two flats of 7 1/2s and five flats of 8s. How about $10.00 a box ( will only sell a full flat) and buyer pays the shipping. I'll be MIA until 7/31 but e-mail me if you are interested. And by the way, a Federal Premium is in no way an equal to Win AA Super Pigeon. I've cut too many apart, trust me.

15. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

PM sent.

Thanks Will

16. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

I also have 2 flats will sell 1 copper coated AAsuper pigon loads half 6's half 7 1/2 for $10.00 a box plus shipping if that will help. geo 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

aa winchester super pigeon

super pigeon loads

winchester aa pigeon

winchester aa super pigion

winchestert aa super pigeon