1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win AA or Rem STS?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I know it depends mostly on which shell your own gun Likes best, But if you had both on the shelf and had'nt had time to pattern them and was going to an A.T.A. shoot which one would you take? Thanks

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Been down this road before but.....

Remington STS
    Then what ever 12 GA AMMO is avaialble.

In the .410, 28 and 20 always Rem STS.

Ronbo

3. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

If it matters enough that I'm shooting factory, I'm shooting AAs.

Michael

4. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Remington absolutely.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Well since it looks like its going to be the beginning of a brand war of Remington vs. Winchester I will throw my vote in now before it gets to heated but first I need to know if the sales clerk at the store is female and if she is cute.

Now if she is cute I would have to discuss which shell she recommends and why she recommends that particular for as long as possible before making a decision and if she is single and going to lunch/dinner/drink or whatever else with me I would purchase and use her whatever she recommends.

If the clerk aint female, aint cute or is a dude I would buy Remington unless Winchester was cheaper.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Remington STS for singles
    Winchester Super Handicap for yardage
    Fred

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Remington. Period!! Ed

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Remington NITRO27 or STS! No substitute!... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Remington Nitro for trap and STS light target for skeet.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

AA 3 dram (7.5's) from the 27 and STS 2 3/4 (8's) dram from the sixteen. That is what I've use all the time, for years.

11. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

It Looks Like 90% of you pick Remington, Have AA's dropped in Quaility? It used to be that was all anybody shot, Or has the Remingtons Just passed them by?

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

I'll switch to Winchester if it evens out the percentages at all.

To me shells are almost like beer and gasoline. To some there is a particular brand of beer they will buy because that is all they will drink. There are also those who will only purchase Texaco gas because they are convinced that gas is the best gas in the world.

Then there are those who cant see the difference in beer and to $1 they will buy gas at the cheapest place that hopefully has the cheapest beer possible on sale just because its cheaper.

Remington vs. Winchester or Winchester vs. Remington ... both are shells and both will go bang when you pull the trigger so I would now like to change my vote to maybe ... OTHER?

13. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Targetmaster, it's a combination of the STS being a very good reloading hull, and Winchester damaging their image when they brought out the new two piece hull.

Me, I got into shooting just a few years ago, so I don't have experience with the old AAs to compare things to. New AAs vs. STS..... IMO, there seems to be less perceived recoil with the AAs, they break birds just as well as STSs, reload great, and burn very clean through my auto's gas system. I like 'em.

Michael

14. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Rem STS. I reload. Case closed.

15. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Either works well for me. Whicever one I can get for less, or in the loadings I want. They will both break the targets and and that's the point. I see little or no difference in patterns or functioning with my gun, so it's a toss up. If I were selling the empties, the Remingtons are usually easier to sell. I reload and am one of those hull hoarders, so it makes no difference to me. I load them both. I also like the Federals, especially the papers, but they cost more and are sometimes harder to find.

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

I believe that there would be no difference shooting either factory AA or Rem shells. For reloading, Rem cases are now more popular because of a problem Winchester has a few years ago with hulls. That problem has been rectified but the reputation of AA was damaged.

Pat Ireland

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Whatever Pat said!!

18. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

STS every time

19. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I agree with Pat, but I would pick:

STS - 3 dram 1-1/8 oz of 8's Light Handicap

hubcap

20. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Winchester Grays for handicap and light red for 16's. I think the
    AA's load just as well as the STS and last longer. Your experience may differ. RG PS The N27 sure are pretty though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.