1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win AA One Ounce Replacement Wads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SBray, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBray

SBray Active Member

I am shooting red AA hulls and have found their pink 1 ounce wads are pricey. Can anyone give me a replacement wad suggestion that works for you?

Thanks,

Steve

2. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

Green Dusters. Buy at Recobs Target Shop.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

+1 on the Green Dusters.

Wayne

4. C-Money

C-Money Member

Either the Claybuster or the Downrange work great.

5. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

+1 For claybusters

Jim Sims

6. Dean Scott

Dean Scott Member

Claybusters $9.00 per 500.

7. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

With the AA hull, I have found the Downrange DRA 12 Red has the best fit.

8. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Green Dusters

9. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I use claybusters

Chuck

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Downrange products. several to choose from..

11. SBray

SBray Active Member

Thanks folks!

I will check around locally and test a bag of each. I have bought on line from Rcob's and others, so I will check prices.

I appreciate your responses!

Steve

12. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Green Dusters !!! Nearly all my plastic fouling in the choke tubes stopped when I went with the Duster Brand.

13. chemist

chemist Member

I had issues with the new AA hulls. Tried Win and Claybuster 1.0 oz wads. I just bought the DR 12A ? bright red wads from Gamaliel. Yes, they were expensive, as I only bought a small amount to try. I load 17.3 grains of american select or Clays and a win 209 primer. Was not happy with the crimp and I tried all adjustments. I found the DR to be slightly shorter than Claybusters. I finally checked my shot drop. 1 oz mec 502 bar was way low.About 30 pellets of #8 and more if I use reclaimed. I dremeled out the shot hole and now get exactly 1.0094 oz. The crimp issue has been minimized. My best 1.0 oz load is Gun club hull, claybuster 8100-12. win 209, and the same powder charge. I can go to 18.3 grains when I want a little more speed. never a crimp issue. I just have a ton of once fired new AAs so I wanted to try to utilize them . The main issue is the little hole with AA when reloaded- I was adding a dab of silicone II . I tried the recommended adjustments in the mec manual.

Rich K- chemist

14. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

The CB1100's are "supposed" to work for 1oz in the AAHS hulls. I don't get a great crimp with them though. I've found the red Down Range wads are "shorter" enough to give a great crimp with 1oz. I am using 18 gr of Promo.

15. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

My Dad and I have shot many thousands of Claybuster CB-1100's with great success in all AA's and Rem. hulls.

16. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

I have used the CB1100's with no problems in the HS hulls. I am dropping somewhere between 7/8 and 1 oz (closer to 1 oz though). I have started using the Jammer Xl-1 (purple 8 petal wad) and I can't tell if its a placebo effect or not but, I really like them. Wad build up in the choke seems to be less but I haven't directly compared the build up choke to choke. In any event, they load well...even a little better than the CB1100s, but not but much. I have found that the CB's are occasionally miss shaped and the petals are bent in which cause the ram to catch it and push the wad in funny. I may have three or four in a bag of 500 that are like this and if I'm paying attention to them I can give them a little bend and they load just fine.

17. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Surprised nobody said 1oz Windjammers. I like them a lot in AA hulls because they have a nice chamfer on the bottom. This let's them seat in the 2-piece hulls very easily.

18. gcessna

gcessna Member

I've been using DOWNRANGE DRRF8 direct replacement for Remington figure 8 & CB8118-12. It is a gold color. Everything else would bloom, crimp would come up after sitting. These have a different bottom and work well in the old and new AAs. I can't remember the price so it must not have been out of line.

Gary Cessna

19. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Downrange DRA 12 for the one ounce load... these are red. Nice.
    Art

20. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Get the pink claybuster wad. I can't tell a difference and often load the factory pink wad, and the claybuster pink wad at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.