1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win AA Light Target Load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsome, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

Anyone know the velocity of Win AA Light Target Loads, 12ga, 2-3/4 DR.EQ.
    1-/8 oz Shot? Thanks

2. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Approx. 1145.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

. . .or higher. Some I've tested have been close to heavy target loads from the same manufacturer. In fact, I've been using two different lot numbers, differing by 50 fps, to test if people can tell the difference between loads with that sort of average difference in speed. One (so far) can ; most can't.

Neil

4. shootsome

shootsome Member

That's surprising that there's that variation in velocity. I like the Win Light Target Load with 1-1/8oz of shot and want to replicate it with my reloads.

5. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

16.5 grains 700X Claybuster AA/or Windjammer W209 AA Hull. Yeah Baby!!!!
    P.S
    It's in the book. Look before you take anybody's word. Safety first!

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I shoot several flats of AA light target loads every year. The ones I have tested ranged from 1139 to 1181 ft/sec (four different lots tested). I have seen up to a 23 ft/sec variation in the same lot.

I like the shell for singles and the second shot of doubles.

Pat Ireland

7. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Pat: Try it at the 27 yd .... with my .040 choke it smokes em! ( And no recoil!) Walt

8. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

JL: I think Winchester uses Winchester WST powder in the AA Lights. I use it at 19 grains with Win primers/wads/hulls. Great all around load..16-27 yds and both shots of doubles. Makes things very simple...same load for all! Walt

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Walt- I have shot them from the 27 and they did work fine. Occasionally, when loading my shells into the car for a 5 day shoot, I get mixed up and end up with too many singles loads and not enough handicap loads. I shoot what I have. Even though the lighter loads seem to work from the 27, and they do have less recoil, I just can't mentally get away form the Winchester Super
    Handicap shells. I am very glad that I have A PFS.

Pat Ireland

10. larry byers

larry byers TS Member

Pat what kind of chronograph are you using? lwb

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Larry- I now use a Crhony alpha at the club. When I want really good data, I use an induction chronograph at the Alliant Plant. I like the color (red) of the Chrony alpha.

Pat Ireland

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I ran some of the VERY light and NOISE reduced Light AA shells through my chronograph at the range and got under 1,100 ft./sec. About 1,050 as I remember. Just too slow for me, but quiet. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.