1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win AA 20ga lite shells? Where

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomlieb, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I would like to get a case of the Win AA 20ga lite shells. 3/4 oz of shot, 980 fps. I have seen them referenced but can't find anywhere that they are in stock. Is this shell out of production? Does anyone know where I can order them?
    Tom

2. build4u

build4u Member

Tom, I set up two 391 youth 20 ga. for my 8 and 10 year old this Christmas. I found the 7/8 ounce factory load a little stiff for them and looked all over for the Win Lite shells. I seem to remember reading that they were possibly discontinued in the 20. I just worked up a load for them with the newer Claybuster 3/4 wad, Remington primer in the new style Winchester hull with 8.5 shot to keep the bb count up. I started at 11.0 grains of International and it was just a little short of ejecting but real soft and pleasent for the kids. I bumped it up to 11.8 grains last night which I am pretty confident will cycle and eject. Hodgon told me you could back the recipe off of their data but watch for the load to get dirty burning. It was not dirty at 11.00 grains. I was amazed how solid the load crushed targets on the skeet field. In talking to some good skeet shooters at my club I found they were using almost the same load only with the Data for 1150 f.p.s. (12.4 I think) that came with the wads in 9 shot for the 12 and 20 ga. events. In searching some web sites I saw Fiocchi had a light load down around 1100 fps. that looked promising if you do not want to load. I believe it was Gamaliel and Maybe Graf that had the Fiocchi. I saw some Remington STS showing up as a light load however the data was not that light. Let me know if I can be of any help. David

3. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Thank you David, that is very helpful. I don't want to reload for just a small volumn of shells, I found a note on Midway that the WIN 20 lite is out of production. I ordered the Fiochhi 3/4oz loads. I've shot their 12 light loads before and really liked them.
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.