1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

win,410hs and 2400 powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by petesdad, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petesdad

petesdad TS Member

Anybody have a recipe for 2 1/2" 410hs hulls and claybuster hs wads using 2400 powder?
    What mec bushing ?
    Only proven loads please, I've had all the advice I can afford.
    Thanks, Mike

2. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

well then, go to the Alliant website and see0

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I doubt if you'll find anything that is practical. Thee is not enough room in the Win hull. The only way I could use 2400 in the 410 was to use the ribbed Remington hulls which had the most room of any cases.

I use H110/296, Li'l Gun, or Military surplus 820.

Of course, YMMV

HM

4. petesdad

petesdad TS Member

10-4
    THANKS

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

2400 is basically a has-been powder in terms of .410. Its VERY hard on the hulls, and as previous posters mentioned, its very bulky. 296/H110 is the best deal going for .410 loads presently if your looking for top performance and longest hull life.

6. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Petesdad:

I agree with the rest of the posts; 2400 has been upstaged by 296/110, Lil'Gun, etc. They are much better powders - at least for the .410 target load. I left 2400 for 296 years ago and never looked back.

I've still got some 2400, but it was old enough to vote in the last election. I'm thinking it might serve me well in a .44 Special handgun load.

I have a can of Lil' Gun which I have not yet tried. I hear both good and bad about it. Can't wait to see how it does.... In the meantime, I sure cannot complain about 296.

Mike

7. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I personally Have moved on to Alliant 410. Best case life and no bloopers, no matter how cold it gets here. Bill

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Best for many years has been Winchester 296 (H110 same powder). 2400 was known for "zingers" where the hull broke off in front of the brass and went out like a slug. Spectacular when it hit a skeet target...

Now using Alliant 410 and like it just as well and cheaper to boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.